Jeremy,
I had two almost similar situations where the female juvenile rt was thinking about eating my peregrine from the lawn perch in the back yard. This is in the middle of town, in a standard housing track with nothing but houses and no open fields nearby. The rt was sitting on the edge of the patio roof and looking down at the lawn perch with the peregrine. When I heard the peregrine give the vocal warning call, I left the house and entered the backyard, I looked upward, and there was rt about five feet from my head.

Returning to the original subject of this thread, I had previously posted on the LongWing section, page two, a title also called leaving the kill. Could someone comment positive or negative on the suggested training technique mentioned, and the reasons why.
I have successfully established a training technique to prevent a peregrine from flying through the strands of barb wire fence, and now it's time to created something for falcons to leave the kill. And it would take multiple and maybe continuing reinforcement training to accomplish this, because as I mentioned, my g/p had two near death experiences from larger predators, (he didn't learn his lesson), then the third time it was fatel and he was killed. The best falcon I had ever flown. These birds are expensive, and not all are top quality confident high flying falcons, so when a great one comes along, I don't want to bury the bird in the field after only two or three years of flying.

roger