Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
Hey guys sorry for the late reply. I have been Elk hunting these past 2 weeks and have been off of the intraweb.

I am thinking this year I will do away with the raffle but still have the dinner. I am thinking this way because last year I got a bad taste in my mouth. I had a person tell me how bad he hated NAFEX and thought it was a waste of time and energy. After him enlightening me with his thoughts he then proceeded to win the most expensive item at the raffle.

I am also noticing most only come for the free items and could careless about the dinner or the members. Some of them who are winning are not even NAFEX members and dont care to be a part of this community. Word has gotten out there is free falconry gear and its gotten away from its original intent.

I do not put the time and effort to benefit those who do not care about the community. I do this as a thank you for those who want to make NAFEX what it is. So this year I will just do the dinner. I want to get it back to the way it was and that's friends gathering to have a drink and enjoy each others company.

Once I get to the meet I will locate a place and post here as to where it will be.

I am sure the turnout will be less and that is OK with me. As I said before I want to spend time chatting and getting to know the members, not handing out prizes to those who are looking for a free handout and not be a part of this community.

I look forward to seeing all of you guys again, Its always a great time.
As long as we get a chance ta tip a couple, it works for brutha.