Thread: Watch + Listen = Learn, Wyoming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Watch + Listen = Learn, Wyoming

I have interest in the sport of falconry. I am hoping to understand the sport and how falconry can be adopted into one's lifestyle. I hoping to get into contact with some falconers in the Wyoming area. I'm a 27 year old social worker in Worland Wyoming..

Thanks for you time

Austin Yeoman

Welcome Austin! A big chunk of my family is from Basin, it's AWESOME country for falconry over there. Taken the hawk down with me a few times while visiting and it's been a ton of fun.

Not a whole lot of Wyoming folks, but hope someone will chime in. Good luck!
    ~~~Ally~~~ Missoula, MT
    If you dislike a person, walk a mile in their shoes. Then, you are a mile away from them, and have their shoes.

Thanks Ally nice to meet you,

Agreed, this part of Wyoming seems to be a good area for falconry. I've been a rock/ice climber for a number of years and this area offers plenty of alpine adventures. Yes i'll patiently wait to cross paths with a master falconer, in the mean time ill reasearch & study falconry.

Cheers

Austin Yeoman

Hey Austin, I know a lot of Wyoming falconers, I am sure you meet some great people over there. Just thought I would say hi since your a social worker, I am too. We are a rare breed in this sport. Flying my bird after work is the best de-stresser I know of.
    Forrest
    Northern Plains

Nice to meet you Dakota,

I sure that flying a falcon after work is a huge stress relief. I have been a social worker for about 3 years now. I was a probation and parole officer for a year but then found my nitch with incarcerated juvenile's. What type of social work are you involved with?

I would be ever so grateful to have the opportunity to meet these Wyoming Falconer's you speak of.

Austin Yeoman

You might find some on facebook, Randy Money in Buffalo. Jeff O'dell is on this site you can send him a message he is under the name"sharptail". Allen Beski is in Cheyenne. There are several longwingers in the Sheridan area. Try joining there club. I worked geriatrics the last six years, but now work as a counselor for a mental health service. I got my start in west Texas running wilderness trips for ajudicated teens. Done it all, child protection,TANF, uname it. Welcome aboard, I home you get you permit soon and start enjoying the life.
    Forrest
    Northern Plains

Thanks Dakota for relaying the info, I've had a couple contacts with Wyoming falconer's, so I'm sure it won't be long until something pans out. I searched "Randy Money" on Facebook but no luck. I'll track down Jeff O'Dell and Allen Beski and shoot him a message. I recently ordered an apprentice study guide from a falconry company in Sheridan Wyoming. I'll look into joining their club after i get my feet wet with the sport. Your experience in social work is very impressive, its comforting to know that I'm not the only social worker that sees the benefit in falconry.

Cheers

Austin Yeoman

Hello Austin5133 ! I am also a social worker and also have a hobby of falconry. Hope to have the opportunity to meet and exchange ^^
    duck life

I have interest in the sport of falconry https://taichinhpedia.com/

When I feel more comfortable with the sport, I'll think about joining their club. Your social work background is excellent, and it's nice to know I'm not the only professional in my field that recognizes falconry's value.
    backrooms game

It is often said that falconry is the perfect sport for people who want to learn about hunting and the natural world.
    coreball

Raising birds is not easy, but anyone who is passionate about this hobby can't give it up slope ball

Thread Information