Granted I agree once the bird starts readily coming to the glove there's no value in off hand food presentation, but that's not what was being discussed (I don't think)

In reading back and even my own first post I high lighted his comment of the
bird has not had an opportunity to associate the bare hand with food.

So in my hurry as usual I did not fully read what I copied and pasted. I will on a newly trapped bird use a skewer to place food at the nares of the bird to take a bite on offering food.............then via a skewer place it on the glove...............so my question to the author now is how are you getting food to the glove and how was it delivered during manning. As a bare hand is often used for a short period during this time...............once manned tidbits are placed without the bird seeing food placed on the glove so as not to associate the bare hand with food. Making into a kill yeah they can and do foot at times. I have read over the post the original author made and it would appear that more is needed on his manning tactics, how far along is the bird, is it free flying or hunting yet. Also, I still fall back to my first post of being possibly under weight (as others note) and going for the bare hand.............with or without food on it. I keep food unseen as much as possible when manned and hunting and calling back to the glove. I will turn my back if needed and place it on the glove. Personally I have never experienced what is first described unless the bird is in Yarak or way under weight...............perhaps a little more info would be of help as I am now confused Gregory. More info from the author of the thread............. I am surprised to hear so many are not familiar with Oakes method of manning as well.

Checking the keel is essential and done bare handed............here is one of my birds that an hour earlier was hunting and grabbing at my pockets for food.............once a kill was made and fed she calmed down............but she never footed before or after the kill/hunt. Just wanted the tidbits in my pocket. https://youtu.be/fAmCZsRqvDU

Drake, perhaps this may give some idea as to how one should react to hands on them. https://youtu.be/xnv_j92wKms