I'm not sure if i'm mis-interpreting your post, so i'm just going to ask. So your opinion is the common mantra and often described in most apprentice books of getting the bird to eat from your off hand during early manning is an improper way to do it? If so what is/are your method(s)?

Personally I've not had an issue getting a bird to eat while on the glove from the off hand. Starting closer to the beak and working down until he's bending to the glove.

I believe you misunderstand my post...............I use and always suggest to apprentices to use Oakes book. The Falconers Apprentice. I never said to feed by bare hand...........feed calling or from the glove as this is where food is associated and manning is done. A bare hand offering food (unless via a skewer) during manning is asking for problems later. And as stated if the bird has an issue with footing the bare hand it is either way under weight or been fed wrongly. Food should be fed from gloved hand........then once eating they will jump to the glove ten fly to the glove.............just basic manning for a RT. So if it's going after the bare hand it's of of the issue's (I Believe) above.

I also AGREE with the posted comment if the bird is seeing him pull meat from a pouch and placed on Glove than it is associating the bare hand with food. So attempt to train it and work things so as not to allow it seeing you place food by bare hand on glove. Turn your back in other words...............or other various ways and methods to disassociate hand feeding vs glove fed.