Quote Originally Posted by rkumetz View Post
First let me say that it is MY opinion that they do not have the right to inspect nor do they have the right to stipulate that searches without probable cause are a requirement of a permit.

What I am saying is that in 1933 the courts were less activist and more prone to digging in their heels on the grounds of protecting both the letter and spirit of the constitution - in essence to err on the side of protecting the rights of the individual. I am sorry to say that I do not believe that the same case would, in 2015, yield the same result. The new mantra of the left leaning activist court is that the interests of the masses always outweigh those of the individual which was not the mindset of those who wrote and signed the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Perhaps I am simply more cynical than you are. It probably has something to do with watching the news while I ate my breakfast this morning listening to endless diatribes on how the government needs to disarm us and make sure that we can't use encryption software to send emails that they can't read. That kind of stuff makes me cranky. I was taught that though I may disagree with someone's opinion it is my obligation to die if necessary to defend their right to say it. Why? Because that and our other rights are sacred. Where did that mindset go?

Cranky guy signing off.....
The Supreme Court citing FGC #1006 was in 2011 (: It is ironic that in 1933 when #1006 was written that raptor were not protected and shot as vermin.

Judge Low in BETCHART v. DEPARTMENT OF FISH & GAME who determined that such home inspections by f&G would be threat to citizens personal security was 1984. His words are still on the departments web site today (: