Thread: Obligatory New Guy Post.

Default Obligatory New Guy Post.

Hi everyone,
    Wanted to introduce myself, my name's Ian and I live up here in the frozen north of Maine. Been in love with falconry as long as I can remember, I can trace it back to watching a gentleman fly his bird to the lure at the age of five, almost 25 years ago now. As a young kid and a teenager, I read every book I came across on falconry and hawking, but I've ramped it up recently and spent the last few years devouring anything and everything I can get my hands on, and plan to begin my apprenticeship this year. Thanks for letting me introduce myself here, and hope to someday see some of you out in the woods and fields!
    Ian Gordon

Ian! Enjoy the journey, it's worth all the work!
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Default Welcome Ian

While intros are not exactly obligatory, they are appreciated. It is great to know that you are not an anti... lerker.
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

Welcome.
    Keith Thompson
    Treat everyone you meet with dignity and respect....but have a plan to kill them just in case

Thanks for the welcome guys! Sharptail: Well, I have lurked here in the past as part of my research and study... I've also bookmarked specific threads, and printed others for my study binder. The knowledge contained here could fill many more. Can't wait to start my journey and really become involved here. Thank you guys again for welcoming me.
    Ian Gordon

Lerking in it's self is not a problem. I know of a few hardcore high profile falconers that lerk on NAFEX. It is those that wish the sport harm, and will act, that I am concerned with. I am glad that the site has been of service to you!
    Jeff,
    Northern Black Hills, Wyoming

I completely understand the sentiment, I've dealt with plenty of antis in 20+ years of gun/archery hunting. Always fun to deal with, and I've read enough to know falconers have been targeted even more by certain individuals...
    Ian Gordon

Thread Information