Thread: New to the whole thing

Question New to the whole thing

I've been in love with the sport since I was a kid. Now I'm a big 55 year old kid. I have the time, the budget and enthusiasm to do this. It's a lot of information and studying but so well worth it. I need to find out if there's anyone in my local area. I live in Sunrise, FL. Can anyone help me out? It's great to finally talk about this stuff.

to NAFEX! There are lots of folks on here from Florida - a great state to be in when flying raptors. Am sure some of them will chime in! ENJOY your journey!
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai1060 View Post
    I've been in love with the sport since I was a kid. Now I'm a big 55 year old kid. I have the time, the budget and enthusiasm to do this. It's a lot of information and studying but so well worth it. I need to find out if there's anyone in my local area. I live in Sunrise, FL. Can anyone help me out? It's great to finally talk about this stuff.
    Samurai,

The best thing to do is to contact your state's falconry club. http://floridafalconry.com/ is the one that I found doing a google search. Use the Contact Us option and let them know you are looking for an experienced falconer in your area or close by who would be interested in answering some questions and taking you out on a hunt.
    Daniel Olson

There is also another club in Florida. The Florida Hawking Fraternity http://www.f-h-f.org. I attended one of their meets a few years ago and the club was how I was able to find falconers in my area. I am from Florida but now go to school in Alabama.
    Best of luck!
    Nick Yashko

I'm not sure where that is located (I'm near orlando) but I recommend checking out the florida gamehawkers group if you are on facebook. We frequently have hunts posted on there and invite pre-apprentices and apprentices.
    ~Lindsay Wheeler
    Falconry Art

Your welcome as well at Florida Falconers. We link back to NAFEX
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaFA/
    Joe N.

Florida Panhandel

Welcome to your journey. There are a couple guys down your way. Good luck!!
    Check out the Florida Hawking Fraternity website it has some information on there for you.
    KT Topash. Wesley Chapel, FL
    never walk in another man shoes. Make your own path in life!

Thread Information