Thread: NAFA Online Publication

Default NAFA Online Publication

I just checked out the online version of the NAFA journal and I surprised by the difference in quality compared to the hardcopy version. Rob Palmer's cover picture is definitely one of the top 3 falconry photos I've ever seen and I just felt the online version just did not do it justice.

I do and always will subscribe to the full membership with the hard copies of the publications, but I think if NAFA wants to promote the online membership they should work towards improving the quality of the online publications. At least so pictures like that can be appreciated by everyone.

Just some constructive criticism.
    Justin Nucci
    Denver, CO

FWIW,

Differing computer graphic cards and HD vs. Regular monitors can make a big difference here.

Also, there is a fine line between using extremely large files/pic sizes and making a document easily readable and downloadable. Professional HD quality would likely make the file almost undownload-able for many dial up users.

It looks fine on my screen, but I take your point. Something that NAFA could look into is making an HD or Hi-Res version option available for download. My state DWR does this with their regulation booklets, basically a quick downloadable version and an HD version. That being said, I'd rather see hard working NAFA volunteers time and resources go towards regulatory updates, habitat projects, etc.

Anywho, just my thoughts on it.

Caleb
    Caleb Stroh
    Kaysville, UT

Thread Information