Thread: Hello from the Atlanta Area!

Default Hello from the Atlanta Area!

Hey there. My name is Nicole and I live in the Kennesaw/Acworth area. I have always loved raptors and the sport of falconry from the time I was a small child. Many working years later, I have an established career, and am able to dedicate the time and hard work that goes into making my dream tangible. I am studying for the exam; I'm determined to pass it by the end of June. I would like to participate in a hunt when the season opens in August. Are there any local falconers in Cobb or Bartow counties that would be able to give me more information? I am in the process of joining the Georgia Falconry Association at the associate level, as I have not obtained my permit yet.

Thank you for any and all information you can send my way.
    Cheers!
    -- Nicole

You are on the right road. Joey and the rest of the GFA will treat you real nice.

Byron Hicks

Byron,
    Thank you for your reply.
    -- Nicole

I am 30-60 minutes north of you in Gordon county. We might be able to work something out. I am not a member of the GFA but my sponsor is in the GA game hawkers club. I will probably join that. We do things slightly different then the GFA people but they are still great folks.
    Luke Ryan.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Luke Ryan, Apprentice falconer
    Gordon county, Georgia. Eph 2:8-9

Luke,
    That would be great! Gordon's not too far away from me, about 40 miles give or take. I would love to come out for as many hunts as you'll let me. If you are amenable as the season approaches, I will PM you contact information. Thank you very much for your reply and hope to hear from you soon.
    -- Nicole

OK sweet. That works great. Will always take a a bush beater lol

Oh and I forgot to mention. I will not be able to get a bird until after Thanksgiving so it might be January before I am hunting.

Looking forward to it! I'll be counting down the days until 2017.
    -- Nicole

Nicole,

Please don't overlook the GFA as a club to join. There is some history behind the forming of the GFA. Perhaps someone in GA will share that with you; if not, let me know.

Good luck!

Bill Boni

Nicole,

Welcome to NAFEX, where most of your questions/problems can be solved by reading past and present posts as well as posting new requests. This is a great Forum. GFA is a great group of gals-n-guys as well as the Georgia Game Hawkers. I am a member of both. Plenty of help in GA and especially in your geographical area... Just keep on keeping on and you'll do jus fine. Welcome to a new way of "Life".
    Jim Blackwell
    "Mitakuye Oyasin"

Bill,
    I recently signed up with the GFA at the associate level via the website! I'd love to learn the history behind your organization. I'm eager to meet with people in the community, and also to get out there and beat some bushes when the season opens. Thank you for your reply.
    -- Nicole

Jim,
    Thank you for the kind welcome. I do have many questions, and this forum is a great resource for discovering answers. I have already joined GFA, and would like to join Georgia Game Hawkers as well. NAFEX seems like a great community, and I'm grateful to be a part of it.
    Cheers!
    -- Nicole

Thread Information