Thread: Hello from Tampa!

Default Hello from Tampa!

Hello!
    I'm Morganne from Tampa, FL. I friend recently showed me some information in falconry and now I have a huge interest in getting started! I currently use dogs for hunting (Flat-Coated Retrievers) and would love to start falconry in the next few years. If anyone knows someone near the Tampa area or Orlando I would love to join them in there hunts and see if this is a for for me

Get in touch with one of the Florida Falconry Clubs. I believe there are a few falconers in that area if not they aren't too far. That is the best way to introduce yourself and to see if the sport is for you.
    Best of luck
    Nick Yashko

Quite a few falconers in and near Tampa. Search the threads for Florida falconers, they get tired of looking up newbies..........go find them, go to a meeting check out their facebook page. Don't make them try to find you.
    tom
    The greatest glory of a free-born people is to transmit that freedom to their children. W.Harvard

Welcome to the journey.
    What part of Tampa?
    KT Topash. Wesley Chapel, FL
    never walk in another man shoes. Make your own path in life!

Thanks for the help and useful links! I'll definitly be looking into these. I'm located out in Brandon

I'm just north of Brandon.
    KT Topash. Wesley Chapel, FL
    never walk in another man shoes. Make your own path in life!

Welcome, and there is a bunch of great info here even though for many the season is winding down. I would go back in time and read some posts from the winter if I was new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Eric Mayberry
    Calaveras, California

Tyme2fly that's awesome! I'm sure we will eventually cross paths this coming fall.

Don't wait for this coming fall if you are serious about becoming a falconer. Now is the time to study and pass that test. Then it's time for inspection of mews so you can trap that PRT. It's training and hunting time in the fall.
    tom
    The greatest glory of a free-born people is to transmit that freedom to their children. W.Harvard

Please join us at Florida Falconers on Facebook as we have an extensive Library of documents and up to date files on getting into Florida Falconry. I believe I sent notice to you some time back....................our group links back to NAFEX as well. If not a member come join us. Sponsors are at a premium now as many new apprentices recently passing test............but myself and the clubs and others can assist you to get started but Tom is correct..........FLorida regs require you fly 4 months of each year.......get started now. Again, come join us as many have. https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaFA/
    Joe N.

Florida Panhandel

Thread Information