Thread: updating NAFEX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default updating NAFEX

I am in the process of updating NAFEX and working out the bugs. I received several PM regarding the "mark forums read" not working. I think I fixed that issue... Please post here if its not fixed

The main forum page, I am trying to get that working as well. I hope to figure that out soon

any other issues please post here

thanks
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Hey Chris,

When I click on a members name it doesn't link to their profile. So the only way that I can send a PM is by replying to an old PM and typing their name into the "To:" box.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    Hey Chris,

When I click on a members name it doesn't link to their profile. So the only way that I can send a PM is by replying to an old PM and typing their name into the "To:" box.

Happened to me, as well. When I click on a member's name in a thread, the little box doesn't come up with options anymore. Also, I received a PM earlier today and used to get the instant email notification. I didn't get a corresponding email for this PM.
    Boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    It doesn't bother me traveling in wilderness alone. It bothers others. I think it would be a great way to die.

The problem I'm having is my inbox. It always shows that I have 1 notification to read, but when checking it out, there is nothing there.

There is also an issue where some new posts don't show up in the "new post" section.
    - Alia D.Genova

Ok I finally got the main NAFEX homepage to work.. Good god the problem was buried..

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    Hey Chris,

Thanks Paul I will check into this next

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs View Post
    Happened to me, as well. When I click on a member's name in a thread, the little box doesn't come up with options anymore. Also, I received a PM earlier today and used to get the instant email notification. I didn't get a corresponding email for this PM.

Thank you for letting me know about the failing to send notification. I will get working on it

Quote Originally Posted by Genova_A View Post
    The problem I'm having is my inbox. It always shows that I have 1 notification to read, but when checking it out, there is nothing there.

There is also an issue where some new posts don't show up in the "new post" section.
    I am seeing all of the new posts. Maybe clear your cache... that might help
    Chris Lynn

I've tried cleared cache, messages, different web pages, different computers/laptop attempts and still shows... Any other solutions?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Ok I finally got the main NAFEX homepage to work.. Good god the problem was buried..

Thanks Paul I will check into this next

Thank you for letting me know about the failing to send notification. I will get working on it

I am seeing all of the new posts. Maybe clear your cache... that might help
    - Alia D.Genova

Ok Guys see if I fixed the issues you listed above?

Thank you for your patience during this update.. it was a big one
    Chris Lynn

Good job Chris, we appreciate all you do for the falconry community
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Craig View Post
    Good job Chris, we appreciate all you do for the falconry community
    Mike
    Hi Mike,

thank you for the post and the kind words. I really appreciate it

I hope you are well and the molt is going great.
    Chris Lynn

Thanks for all your work, Chris! You ARE appreciated! Love this site as there is a lot of valuable information on it.
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Thumbs up

Nice job Chris,
    Ken Hooke
    Falconry Hoods International
    "Specializing" in unique, One Piece Hoods

I am not sure if it has anything to do with the update but I have not been getting emails notifying me of posts to threads that I have subscribed or posted. My list of topics seems intact.
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Quote Originally Posted by rkumetz View Post
    I am not sure if it has anything to do with the update but I have not been getting emails notifying me of posts to threads that I have subscribed or posted. My list of topics seems intact.

Hey Chris,

Might be the same problem as the PM notification. I just got another PM and don't have an email notification for it. Usually they're instant.
    Boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    It doesn't bother me traveling in wilderness alone. It bothers others. I think it would be a great way to die.

Chris,

First off, thanks for all you do to keep this site up and running. It is awesome and I deeply appreciate it.

I seem to be having some issues though, not sure if it is on my end or the site. Whenever I log in it takes me to the Thank you...screen, then just refreshes to wherever I was without actually logging in. It will do this several times then just suddenly work. It will happen sometimes when I hit the link as well, and does this whether on phone(2 different ones) or computer. Not sure if anyone else is having this issue. Regardless, awesome site, and thanks for everything!
    - Robert

The other thing I've noticed is that you can only see who is currently viewing a thread at that time. The list of folks at the bottom who have visited a thread is now gone. Thanks Chris. I enjoy the site very much. Cheers.
    Bill
    I have been known to approach the east...

Ok Guys still working on the emailing notices. It seems the sevrver is not communication with google to sen the mail. I am trying to look at the code and see why this is happening. This takes time as I have to go through each line. I will keep at it

Alia,

Not sure what to tell you. I have tried it on several different computers and it is working for me. IS anyone else not able to see new posts?

Thanks Bill I will take a look at that mod

Robert, That is weird. I am not seeing that on my CPU or any others I am using.. has the issues resolved itself?
    Chris Lynn

Chris,
    I may have figured it out, just realized I am not actually logging out, just closing the browser window. That may be what is doing it. I will play around with it more today. Working off of 2 different phones and 2 different computers with a tablet thrown in, gets tough to keep track of what is logged in and what is not. If it is still doing it in a couple days I will let you know. Thanks for all the work you put in.
    - Robert

Hey Chris - I'm having a similar issue as Robert K. For over a week now, I've only been able to log in and out on my computer and not my phone. When using my phone, it accepts my info "Thank you for logging in bcrow" before sending me right back to the home page as if I had not entered any info (still not logged in). I've tried Robert's suggestions but doesn't seem to change anything for me. Any thoughts?

thanks!
    Brian

My phone does the same thing but if you click today's posts on the menu bar it will show the unread posts and shows I'm logged in after that.
    Matt H.

The only device doing this now is my Samsung S5. But after it kicks me back to the log on screen I just click the forums link and everything is good after that. It is also the only device not logging me out automatically after a bit of inactivity. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. I do not know anything about technology, but I am a NAFEX addict. So I just used my normal philosophy of push buttons until it breaks or works!
    - Robert

Has anyone figured out how to get email notifications work after the update? I still don't get emais whwen someone PM's me or someone posts in a thread I am subscribed to.
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Nope. I gotta PM today and did not receive notice of it. Upon logging on to the site I was informed of the PM, but had difficulty opening the message icon. Seems like quite a few bugs to work-out yet after this last update---still can not see who has viewed a thread....only those currently viewing a thread.
    Bill
    I have been known to approach the east...

Any progress on the notifications or lack thereof?
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Thread Information