Thread: Redtail with bell in Hampstead/Manchester area Maryland

Default Redtail with bell in Hampstead/Manchester area Maryland

Sheriff called a friend - redtail with a bell 'harassing' a family in the Manchester/Hampstead area. Family upset about it.

Anyone lose a bird? Know someone who lost a bird?

Deputy Sutton

Thanks,

Mike

Ok, update:

Apparently the woman was able to call this redtail down to her hand then put the bird in a crate. She has a falconer coming to pick the bird up, tho I've no idea who.

So that's that, I suppose.

Thanks if someone who read this is that falconer. Id've gone over to trap the bird myself, but I'm in Nevada at the moment visiting family.

Mike

Ok, that last info may be bad. If you know anything, please update. Friends trying to get sorted and get the bird trapped or secured.

Like I said, I'm in Nevada and of no help here, but I'll update if they figure it out.

Thanks,

Mike

Ok, apparently two redtails lost 'about a month ago' same day, same area. One recovered by some woman them collected by the falconer. The other still out there. I've no idea who to call at this point; no transmitter frequency given.

That's all I have on this matter. There is a contact for the sheriff whom was called by the women concerned above if you've more information or spot this bird -- he may or may not have contact info.

Just wanted to update. Good luck to the other falconer on recovering his bird.

Mike

Thread Information