Thread: Brooding an Eyas.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Brooding an Eyas.

Could all of you that have/are raising an eyas give me some pointers and advice when it comes to brooding and eyas? Pictures would be nice to. Thanks, Isaac
    Isaac

how about under your armpit
    ~ Lee
    "Nature does nothing uselessly." Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Slikkers View Post
    how about under your armpit
    Good one Lee! Isaac
    Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by BestBeagler View Post
    Could all of you that have/are raising an eyas give me some pointers and advice when it comes to brooding and eyas? Pictures would be nice to. Thanks, Isaac

The easiest way is a box(large shoe box size) with a lightbulb hanging down. Just a plug-in cheapy drop light is perfect. Cut the cord in half. Wire a dimmer in the middle. Put the dimmer in the middle position. Plug it up and hang your light. Put a thermo in the hottest spot which should be on one end. Change the heigth you hang the bulb until you hit the temp you are aiming for. Don't move the bulb again. Adjust the dimmer to din tune it until you get it to the point you want. The chick can move away if they are a little warm.
    Thanks,
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyc6 View Post
    The easiest way is a box(large shoe box size) with a lightbulb hanging down. Just a plug-in cheapy drop light is perfect. Cut the cord in half. Wire a dimmer in the middle. Put the dimmer in the middle position. Plug it up and hang your light. Put a thermo in the hottest spot which should be on one end. Change the heigth you hang the bulb until you hit the temp you are aiming for. Don't move the bulb again. Adjust the dimmer to din tune it until you get it to the point you want. The chick can move away if they are a little warm.
    Thanks Wes. What kind of temperature am I looking for? Red light or white light is there a difference? Isaac
    Isaac

Is there another meathod to use besides using a light and your armpit? Isaac
    Isaac

I took a heating pad, wrapped it around a Bottle of water and then wrapped all of that around a towel and put it at the end of my plastic container that I kept my eyas in. She would go down to that end and sleep up against the towel and move away when she got to hot.

Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredrickFogg View Post
    I took a heating pad, wrapped it around a Bottle of water and then wrapped all of that around a towel and put it at the end of my plastic container that I kept my eyas in. She would go down to that end and sleep up against the towel and move away when she got to hot.
    Fred, perfect. Is this all you used and she seemed warm enoungh? Do you think if I got one that was younger then the one you pulled that it would be warm enough with this setup? Where did you get the heating pad and how much did it cost? Thanks, Isaac
    Isaac

Thread Information