Thread: Meet Bullet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Meet Bullet

This is "Bullet". He/She is a 6 day old Cooper's Hawk. I pulled it yesterday hoping that it was a male, but time will tell what gender it actually is. I am going to call him a male until he proves me otherwise. We checked 5 nests before we found one that hadn't failed and that was climable. I weighed him today and he weighed 131g. He is eating on his own already. I can't wait to get him catching grackles and starlings this summer and then to catch quail over my dogs this season.

I'm new at using photobucket, so I hope this works...

Here is a pick from today...

Thumbs up

Awesome!

Bullet is a great Cooper's hawk name. Sounds like you have his/her season planned out! What breed of dog do you hunt quail behind?

Also, please introduce yourself and sign your posts. The easiest way is to go into your User CP (User Control Panel) and set how you want your posts to be signed.

If you send me a photo, I'll set it up as your avatar as well.

Please keep us posted to his/her progress!

ATB,

My guess is this is..................lovesfreshwater..........nah just kidding, I am guessing this is Jeff Suggs???? If not, sorry, if so, congrats!
    Thanks,
    Wes

Yeah, it's me Wes...I've gone off the deep end and I'm flying a coops this year...I figured with all of the quail slips I had last year, this is the best bird for me. I guess we'll see...
    Jeff Suggs
    Texas

Man that is an ugly dog Guess their feet are all healed up from Abilene and are raring to go!

Congrats on the little coop. Let's chat this week.
    Thanks,
    Wes

Quote Originally Posted by rocgwp View Post
    This is "Bullet". He/She is a 6 day old Cooper's Hawk. I pulled it yesterday hoping that it was a male, but time will tell what gender it actually is. I am going to call him a male until he proves me otherwise. We checked 5 nests before we found one that hadn't failed and that was climable. I weighed him today and he weighed 131g.
    Jeff

My male coop's last year weighed 210 grams at approx 11 days. I think you have a male.
    Johnny
    It takes a long time to grow old friends.

Thread Information