Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
With the gps system, what exactly is needed and what does the total cost end up being? Also, does the gps transmitter also transmit uhf so you can use a uhf receiver if the gps fails?

Hey Fred,

I'm sure Ron or Tom can provide more technical information; but, it's my understanding that you need the UHF system in order to use the GPS. The GPS is a separate unit that relays GPS information to your iOS enabled device. It also transmits UHF as a backup in case the GPS goes out. Although, the UHF signal could be the carrier wave for the GPS information?? I guess that doesn't stand to reason as your iOS enabled device (more than likely) isn't set up as a 434 receiver. Although, the pocketlink could be setup to receive the 434 signal encoded with the GPS data and transmit more user friendly information to your iOS enabled device via Bluetooth? I'm just thinking out loud, here. Hopefully someone will be along shortly to give a more informed answer! I'm not 100% certain.

I do know Marshall's website says you need the UHF system to use to GPS. Suffice to say you'll be spending a fair amount if you don't already have a UHF system. I priced the whole setup with a few extras (and buying a FM500 vs. the FM100) and I was right at $2,000. I also threw in the case and a few other things. End of day I think you could get out of the deal for around $1,700 if you didn't go bananas; but, why wouldn't you?