Thread: Failure to communicate

Default Failure to communicate

Why can I not respond to a thread in the classified section. Do I need Hilliary grade security clearance or what?
    Lew Roussel

I believe only mods or the person who created the thread can respond in the classifieds section...
    Boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    It doesn't bother me traveling in wilderness alone. It bothers others. I think it would be a great way to die.

I see that now, weird. PMs only I guess. Delete as necessary
    Lew Roussel

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs View Post
    I believe only mods or the person who created the thread can respond in the classifieds section...
    I believe that to be the case. I am not sure why it is set up that way unless to prevent people from hijacking a classified thread with a "hey I will sell you mine cheaper" or something like that.

ArcheryTalk uses the same software and you can respond to a classified thread there so it doesn't have to be that way.

I am still hoping that notifications start working again. I like to just get an email when someone responds to a thread I am watching.
    Ron N1WT Vermont

Quote Originally Posted by rkumetz View Post
    I believe that to be the case. I am not sure why it is set up that way unless to prevent people from hijacking a classified thread with a "hey I will sell you mine cheaper" or something like that.

ArcheryTalk uses the same software and you can respond to a classified thread there so it doesn't have to be that way.

I am still hoping that notifications start working again. I like to just get an email when someone responds to a thread I am watching.
    The forum is due for some updates that chris has to do. He's got some stuff going on, so it might be a little while yet.
    -Jeff
    "You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." --Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by rkumetz View Post

I think a lot of forums do it out of respect for other people listing ads. Consider that every time someone makes a comment on a thread in the classifieds section, it goes to the top.

Since you're familiar with archerytalk, you'll note that a new thread is on page three within 30 minutes. I actually prefer not being able to comment on classified threads for this reason. When I was looking to sell my bow, I gave up after the first few "ttt" posts in the first few hours just to keep my ad somewhat current.
    Boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    It doesn't bother me traveling in wilderness alone. It bothers others. I think it would be a great way to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs View Post
    Since you're familiar with archerytalk, you'll note that a new thread is on page three within 30 minutes. I actually prefer not being able to comment on classified threads for this reason. When I was looking to sell my bow, I gave up after the first few "ttt" posts in the first few hours just to keep my ad somewhat current.
    I always used "Search" to dig for what I wanted. With a 26.5" DL, I can't count on finding anything "current". And by digging, I usually found sellers willing to bargain.

I've bought 6-7 bows on AT, 3 of which I still have.
    Bryan Kimsey

Thread Information