Thread: Hey all from Geneva Florida

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hey all from Geneva Florida

Hey all, love the site! Full of great info. I've been lurking around here for a while, reading reading and then reading!!
    I'm new to the falconry scene but I have been interested for quite some time.
    I recently passed my state test, have a sponsor and my mews are "in progress" as we speak. I am planning on flying a redtail. I am really looking forward to trapping my 1st bird!!!
    Thanks again for all the info(it really helps).
    John

Glad you like that site. Some really good falconers on here for you to ask info from and hopefully to share info WITH.
    Thanks,
    Wes

Good to see another member from the sunshine state! Good luck with the rest of the permit process. I'd advise you to go ahead and mail your application and sponsor letter in a good week or two ahead of time before you are ready to have the facilities and equipment inspection. Tallahassee usually isn't so quick on the turn around time of getting an inspector lined up.
    Mike T. ~ N. Florida ~ 2nd year apprentice

Thanks guys!
    Mike, I've already sent them my application and sponsor letter. Its funny, I was told that it can take a looong time for Fl to get everything in order, but as soon as I faxed them my sponsor letter I got a call from Fish&game wanting to set up an inspection!! Thats why I've been rushing to get everything together.
    John

Hey John,
    When did you send your app. and letter in? I sent mine in the beginning of last week but havent heard from anybody yet. How long did it take from the time you sent it until you heard anything?
    JEN

Keep pure your highest ideal; strive ever towards it; let naught stop you or turn you aside.

Smile

Hey John!

Welcome to NAFEX! I am glad that you have finally posted a bit about yourself. It has been pretty cool to be PM'ing with you about falconry.

We are all eager to here of your progress towards your first bird. Share some photos of your mews when you get a chance.

Best Regards,

Thread Information