There are falconers that have been around long enough to know these swivels when they see them. I have one that was passed on to me that has been in constant use for more than thirty years and it still looks like new. They don't break. There is little if any wear, and they are super slick. I own and have used every other kind of swivel safe to use for hawks, and these are my favorite.

Unfortunately, they haven't been available for decades. The idea to provide quality figure eight swivels has been rolling around in my head for years, but the realities of undertaking the task has always kept me from it. The cost in tools, time, and materials is quite large not to mention learning how to properly tig weld stainless steel, selecting the right stainless for strength, machining ring and spacers, etc.

But I finally did it, and I'm very happy with what I've made. The old boys used what are called william's washers for their spacers, but unless they are specially ordered, they can't be had in the size I'd want for swivels anymore. I decided to machine mine out of bearing bronze on a lathe. This way, I have been able to use a material that is machinable, will last for generations, is super slick, and looks really good too. I will make these in small, medium, and large as long as I get orders for them. The price is 34.99 and I am making these to order just like a hood. If you would like to make an order, pm me and I'll give you paypal instructions. I will have a website up this week that I will provide a link for. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you give my swivels a shot.

-Jake Messinger
Idaho

[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]