Thread: Introduction Eric Edwards

Default Introduction Eric Edwards

My name is Eric Edwards, I've been a fixture on falconry internet sites for longer than I'm proud to admit. I've been a falconer since 1992 and fly mostly small peregrines (Barbarys, Shaheens) and passage merlins.

I trained birds professionally for 5 years, setting up bird shows in the US, S. Africa & Australia.

I operate several falconry related websites, www.merlinfalconry.com, www.ericedw.com and act as a moderator for a few Yahoo groups.

I am currently the SE Director for NAFA and the Gulf States Director for WRTC as well as the founder of the Florida Falconers' Association.

In addition to a passion for falconry I'm an avid fly fisherman (mostly saltwater, redfishing). I enjoy internet discussion groups and look forward to participating. And you can find my newly created blog at www.ericedw.blogspot.com

Eric Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by ericedw View Post
    My name is Eric Edwards, I've been a fixture on falconry internet sites for longer than I'm proud to admit. I've been a falconer since 1992 and fly mostly small peregrines (Barbarys, Shaheens) and passage merlins.

I trained birds professionally for 5 years, setting up bird shows in the US, S. Africa & Australia.

I operate several falconry related websites, www.merlinfalconry.com, www.ericedw.com and act as a moderator for a few Yahoo groups.

I am currently the SE Director for NAFA and the Gulf States Director for WRTC as well as the founder of the Florida Falconers' Association.

In addition to a passion for falconry I'm an avid fly fisherman (mostly saltwater, redfishing). I enjoy internet discussion groups and look forward to participating. And you can find my newly created blog at www.ericedw.blogspot.com

Eric Edwards
    You also make really nice hoods. Welcome to the forum. What are you going to fly this year? Isaac
    Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by BestBeagler View Post
    You also make really nice hoods. Welcome to the forum. What are you going to fly this year? Isaac

Yep, feel free to post a link to order hoods in the classified sections. I know many people consider you to be one of the better small hood makers our there.
    Thanks,
    Wes

Thanks guys,
    I've never wanted to be a commercial hood maker but if anyone ever needs a merlin hood, I've made a few.

I'm planning to fly my intermewed tiercel Red-naped Shaheen on snipe. All I need is a tropical storm to put the water back in my fields. I'll probably trap a merlin or two also.

Eric

Thanks guys,
    I've never wanted to be a commercial hood maker but if anyone ever needs a merlin hood, I've made a few.

I'm planning to fly my intermewed tiercel Red-naped Shaheen on snipe. All I need is a tropical storm to put the water back in my fields. I'll probably trap a merlin or two also.

Eric
    How did you end up doing with the Shaheen? Got any pictures you care to share here?
    Thanks,
    Wes

Eric:
    to the site. I may just contact you about a small hood this fall some time. Please post some of your work on the site. Got a nice fish spotter giving you a hand.
    EVERET K. HORTON, MICHIGAN
    Game is the name of the Game

Hey Eric! Good to see you here. I met you down in the cane fields this past season. Thats actually where my avatar came from. Thats Darrel's gos in the pic.
    I'm getting ready for my inspection on Tuesday and I'll finally be done! Spence and Shane have been helping me get everything ready.
    Let me know if you want to check out some "snipe honey holes" out here at the house. I live on the St Johns just north of puzzle lake. Last season I saw quite a number of snipe in the area.
    John
    John Reed
    Utah

Great to have you here Eric!

Love your site and have followed it for years.
    Bryant Tarr
    Hawk Hill Falconry

Eric,
    Welcometo NAFEX. It is great to have you here. I have been on your Merlin site many times. You have some great information on it.

How did you find NAFEX? It is great to see more and more great falconers coming to NAFEX. I hope you find the info within useful and please don't hesitate to post.

Where do you live in Florida?

I will be asking you a few questions for sure this year on merlins.

again Welcome and it is great to have you here
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Welcome aboard Eric! Speaking of that, congrats on picking up the boat on your personal site I'll bet it can slip in on some reds.

I was at the 1st annual FFA meet from Tallahassee. Richard M. is my sponsor with his instruction and guidance I had a first season to be proud of. He's planning on trapping a merlin this fall.

It's an honor to have you active here.
    Mike T. ~ N. Florida ~ 2nd year apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by wesleyc6 View Post
    How did you end up doing with the Shaheen? Got any pictures you care to share here?
    The weather was not kind to me last year. I've flown snipe for the past few years because I've had access to fantastic snipe fields but the dry weather last winter hurt me bad. He put a few snipe in early but then I couldn't give him enough slips to get him successful. He caught a few doves and other birds, put on a great show a few times out west on quail (they always bailed into cover).
    As far as photos http://www.merlinfalconry.com/ericedwfalconry07-08.htm

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by everetkhorton View Post
    Eric:
    to the site. I may just contact you about a small hood this fall some time. Please post some of your work on the site. Got a nice fish spotter giving you a hand.
    He's an even better snipe spotter.

Jack Merlin Hood

Eric do you know a Jerry Hollifield?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbaldo View Post
    Hey Eric! Good to see you here. I met you down in the cane fields this past season. Thats actually where my avatar came from. Thats Darrel's gos in the pic.
    I'm getting ready for my inspection on Tuesday and I'll finally be done! Spence and Shane have been helping me get everything ready.
    Let me know if you want to check out some "snipe honey holes" out here at the house. I live on the St Johns just north of puzzle lake. Last season I saw quite a number of snipe in the area.
    John
    I remember you John, you need to let me know when the Shad are running up there. And I'd be happy to help you out with the snipe infestation.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Eric,
    How did you find NAFEX? It is great to see more and more great falconers coming to NAFEX. I hope you find the info within useful and please don't hesitate to post.

Where do you live in Florida?

I will be asking you a few questions for sure this year on merlins.

again Welcome and it is great to have you here
    I've been invited over several times and finally figured I'd pop in and take a look around.

I'm in Lake Hamilton, FL just south of Orlando. Happy to help with merlins, I've flown a few.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT307 View Post
    Welcome aboard Eric! Speaking of that, congrats on picking up the boat on your personal site I'll bet it can slip in on some reds.
    OH, let me tell you, that boat has been amazing. It'll float in 5inches with two anglers and is dead quiet. It serves my needs VERY well.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by jfneumann57 View Post
    Eric do you know a Jerry Hollifield?
    The name sounds familiar.

I've been invited over several times and finally figured I'd pop in and take a look around.

I'm in Lake Hamilton, FL just south of Orlando. Happy to help with merlins, I've flown a few.
    Eric
    Glad you made it over....

I will get some feed back from you this year for sure..

good luck this year trapping, take plenty of pics and please dont hesitate to post your pictures here. We all enjoy looking at them
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Jerry used to be president of the Florida Hawking Fraternity.

OH, let me tell you, that boat has been amazing. It'll float in 5inches with two anglers and is dead quiet. It serves my needs VERY well.

Eric
    I can't wait to get in a boat when in GA on vacation. I know you have been here in my neck of the woods around Lubbock. Water is sort of like Sasquatch. Plenty of people claim to have seen it, but there isn't much proof supporting it. I don't fly, but I do baitcast for largemouth and I am........well hooked on it. Sounds like a nice boat. I bought Bass Buddy a couple of years ago and it was one of the most comfortable rigs to fish out of. I always thought they looked silly, but LOVED mine.
    Thanks,
    Wes

Wes:
    Post a picture of your bass buddy so we can all see one.

Wes:
    Post a picture of your bass buddy so we can all see one.
    Here's a little bass for ya

Eric
    Eric Edwards

Eric:
    If that is a little bass, let see a big one!

Eve he's in Florida that's a guppy. lol

Nothin Better than a Piece of 'BASS".. Welcome Eric..
    Ken Hooke
    Falconry Hoods International
    "Specializing" in unique, One Piece Hoods

Eric:
    If that is a little bass, let see a big one!
    I caught that one a few months ago and I admit it's the biggest bass I've caught. But maybe as "fish" go it's little.

Eric Edwards

Hey Eric, Welcome to the Forum! I got the newsletter today and I must compliment you on what you are doing as a director. Your communication with your members is the best I have experienced and if the rest of NAFA takes note, it will be a much better NAFA.

I am going to the coast again this October to trap a merlin, so might need another hood from you. The last one didn't really fit the female I had, but it might be a perfect fit on this next one. And who knows, I might bring home a jack.

Keep up the great work and glad to have you on here, I know you will be a wealth of information.

Oh yeah, get your buddy's lazy butt on here! (Matt) LOL I know a bunch of kestrel folks that would love to bug the crap out him! LOL

Again, Welcome!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Here's a little bass for ya

Eric
    Nice fish! I caught a nice 8lber a couple of years ago. I released it and the pond turned over 2 weeks later. It was sad. I have caught a released a ton of bass and never grow tired of it. I want to go to El Salto one year on a cast and blast package. Probably just a pipe dream. My uncle called a couple of weeks ago and then he son emailed me pics of a 12lb bass.

Ev, I sold the boat when I moved. It was cheaper to sell it then try to move it. LOL
    Thanks,
    Wes

Eric,

Welcome to NAFEX! Great to have you on here!

Dude! Good to see you here! Man... the gang is all here for sure! You need to try to catch a big fish next time brother. Hope you are well!

Jason
    Jason Hausman - AFC Moderator
    Tundra Peregrine Falcon, Red-Tailed Hawk & German Shorthaired Pointer

Hey Eric - Hope all is well with you and yours... Nice to see you here... Take care Aj
    Aj-Anita J Johnson Taylor, NE
    I'm not shy I am just studying my prey

Welcome Eric, great to see you here.
    ~ Lee
    "Nature does nothing uselessly." Aristotle

Thread Information