Thread: General Falconer New to Maryland

Default General Falconer New to Maryland

Hi Everyone,
    I am a general falconer who has just moved to Maryland from Michigan, and am very excited for falconry in a different setting from where I am accustomed. There does not appear to be an active club to join, and therefore, I would love to talk to anyone from the state who is willing to chat about falconry here. I would also be interested in helping with banding of raptors if anyone does that here.

PM for phone number,

Tim Muhich
    Tim Muhich

Hey Tim,

Welcome to Maryland. Im a bit north of you in Baltimore County. Ill PM you my phone number and youre welcome to call.

There is a club called the Potomac Falconers Association, or PFA. I just found out about this club a couple weeks ago myself.

Mike

Welcome Tim, I live about 35-40 minutes north of you in Middletown Md.
    Just west of Frederick at the foot of South Mtn.

I am a Master with experience flying mostly Red tails.
    The wife and I lived in the Silver Spring area for about 10 years.

Welcome to MD, the Taxes, and cost of living, are high, but there are fairly good Hawking opportunities around.
    Wm, (Bill) Maguire

Welcome to the area. I'm an apprentice just over in WV but the falconry club you need to hook up with is PFA. I think user Red-tail71 heads up the PFA. PFA is a great bunch of guys and gals, see you soon.

Chris

Thanks Mike and Chris for lending Tim a hand. I have PM'd Tim some info in regards to the PFA and the area. Take care and I will talk to you soon! Hello Mr Bill!!!
    David

We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

Hello Dave: I hope to be seeing you guys up on the mountain top pretty soon.

I Have been trying to PM you, for some reason my computer will not submit the messages (3 times).

I would like to join the PFA myself.
    Please e-Mail me at,
    piscivoris@gmail.com

Thanks.
    Wm, (Bill) Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by piscivoris View Post
    Hello Dave: I hope to be seeing you guys up on the mountain top pretty soon.

I Have been trying to PM you, for some reason my computer will not submit the messages (3 times).

I would like to join the PFA myself.
    Please e-Mail me at,
    piscivoris@gmail.com

Thanks.
    PM sent Mr Bill! Sorry to hijack your thread Tim. I will chat with you both soon! Take care!
    David

We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

Thank you all for the welcome. I appreciate all of the warm wishes and PMs. I think there is something wrong with the PM system, because some have taken a few tries to get them through. I am very excited about going ridge and beach trapping for the first time. One more week, then to the coast I go.
    Tim
    Tim Muhich

Good luck Tim, sorry to see you go, but good hunting.
    Sue

Hi Sue,
    Thanks. I will miss Michigan and everyone there. I never thought I would end up on the east coast. We will see what this season brings. I hope yours is filled with thrilling flights.
    Tim
    Tim Muhich

Hi All,
    If you sent me a PM, and have not heard back from me, it is because I have been having a hard time both sending and receiving them. Thank you for writing. If it is still in your outbox, could you please send it again?
    Going trapping tomorrow. Excited to search for my new partner.
    Tim
    Tim Muhich

Default Welcome from Upperco

Tim:
    Welcome, my name is Dennis I live in Upperco, MD (near Westminster). This is my second year as an Apprentice. I think you have already hooked up with Mike from Towson. Steve (friend of Mike) is my sponsor. You description matches somebody he told me about. He helped me catch my first RT last year.
    I just had my first falconry disaster this weekend. I caught a RT near my house last Tuesday. He was pretty small which in retrospect was an indicator of problems. He was doing well hooding, ready to step to glove. Than Saturday he started gasping for air. I thought Asperigillous so got him to vet. Turned out he had an enlarged heart, died Sunday morning. Only had him six days but really sucks.
    So I am with out a bird for a while, would love to go out trapping if you have not picked one up yet. I know a few places for redtails and kestrels. If you are interested I have seen a passage coops around my place, we may be able to get a shoot at him though I think that might be hard cause hard to predict where he will be. Let me know and we can get together drop me your phone

welcome

Dennis

Tim:
    really new to message boards....think I just broke rules by not posting full name.

it is Dennis Casteel

Tim:
    how is the kestrel doing??

Dennis Casteel

Thread Information