Thread: Newbie from pa

Default Newbie from pa

Hello everyone I am from south central pa and have just started my adventure. I joined to read and learn more about the sport and hopefully meet some people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where about are you from? Logan I thought was out west near Altoona?

Anyhow, there's pockets of falconers in various regions in PA, and the south central is a pretty hopping location so you shouldn't have a hard time finding someone that could use another beater! Welcome to the forum and enjoy the journey.
    Gregory E. Miller
    "Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies." - Teddy Moritz/Unknown Origin

I am from altoona, well that is where I live now orginally from Bedford. I have made contact with a guy up around state college, but that is the only one so far. I would like to join the local club also but need a member to sponsor me for that if I am reading it correctly. Also I will have to look up logan

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jaketerek View Post
    I am from altoona, well that is where I live now orginally from Bedford. I have made contact with a guy up around state college, but that is the only one so far. I would like to join the local club also but need a member to sponsor me for that if I am reading it correctly. Also I will have to look up logan

You can join the club without being falconer, or even knowing anyone as an "associate". It gets you publications and info but without voting rights. State meet is in Centerville(near Lancaster) normally the first weekend after New Years for PFHT this year and the Peregrine Club normally hosts one in Morgantown but the date has varied from what I remember.

I would definitely recommend going to one or both meets as a way to meet people. There's people that go to both meets, but mostly it's a different member base.
    Gregory E. Miller
    "Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies." - Teddy Moritz/Unknown Origin

Thanks I will look at that option for membership. Also who is Logan?

Default central pa falconry

There's a good cluster of falconers around the state college. There's a lot of trapping action going on right now along the state college ridge. The PFHT Central Director is in the State College area, he's an avid hunter and trapper. PM me and I'll provide you his contact info and he'll get you pointed in the right direction.
    Jeff
    Erie, PA

Thread Information