Thread: "Beach Bird"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default "Beach Bird"

Bruce Haaks new book, "Beach Bird" is now available at the website below

http://falcosapienspress.com

This is a great book you'll really enjoy!

I have been informed by the author that approximately 30 copies of the collectors edition are available out of 100 copies printed.
    Bill
    I have been known to approach the east...

Quote Originally Posted by GONEHAWKN View Post
    I have been informed by the author that approximately 30 copies of the collectors edition are available out of 100 copies printed.
    He only printed 100 copies? Why so few?
    Steve Jones - http://www.americanfalconry.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@American_Falconry
    What is best in life? "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jones View Post
    He only printed 100 copies? Why so few?
    Because it's a Collectors edition of the title. Plenty of standard trade copies printed.
    Bill

John Everest
    Four Corners Falconer

Has anybody reviewed it yet?
    Robert Miller

Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Bruce Haaks new book, "Beach Bird" is now available at the website below

http://falcosapienspress.com

This is a great book you'll really enjoy!
    Hi Rocky.

My copies are due to arrive in a couple of days, but I managed to get a quick read of a friend's copy last night.

What I read was very good indeed.

Best wishes,

Tony.

I was blessed to be able to review it a few times as it was being written. I doubt anyone will disappointed, it is beautifully written and illustrated and I think we become a treasured part of modern falconry.
    Bob
    1 John 3:23

Quote Originally Posted by Pedioecetes View Post
    I was blessed to be able to review it a few times as it was being written. I doubt anyone will disappointed, it is beautifully written and illustrated and I think we become a treasured part of modern falconry.
    I got a copy and concur with Bob, It is full of eye candy, very beautiful, well worth the money.
    Tom Smith, Sometimes, someone unexpected comes into your life out of nowhere, makes your heart race, and changes you forever. We call those people cops.

Does anyone know if Bruce will be at the NAFA meet selling his book? If so, I will just pick one up there versus having one shipped.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was blessed to be able to review it a few times as it was being written. I doubt anyone will disappointed, it is beautifully written and illustrated and I think will become a treasured part of modern falconry.
    Bob
    1 John 3:23

Bruce has no plans to be at any meets this year. The only way to get a copy is through the website.

Rocky

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Bruce has no plans to be at any meets this year. The only way to get a copy is through the website.

Rocky
    Ok, thanks!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I recommend that you order it. This is a great book and as the others have suggested worth it for the pics alone. I actually began reading it this morning and finished this evening and it’s a good read. It is full of history, science and politics that plague the current status of the peregrine mixed with some great stories. I like all of Bruce Haak's writtings and recommend anyone add his works to your library.

I too enjoyed it very much. So much so that I devoured the book in only a matter of a few hours....mind you it's only about 143 pages long and of those pages, a good bit of them are photos. But the book certainly had my full attention from the very get-go. Being from and living in Maryland, the book really hit home for me. The Collectors edition is done nicely too. A great read and a welcomed addition to my library.
    Bill

I read it yesterday and agree with Brad. It really tells the story about the peregrine in the past few decades. I've witnessed those times and watched the political misinformation. To be honest I struggled to recall many of the names but I could ad to some of the tales. I've seen Bruce hawking falcons and know he is the real thing. Fun reading.

Harry.

OK, l get it now. I read it as 100 total copies printed, 30 of which were Collectors Editions. But instead there were 100 Collectors Editions printed, of which only 30 are left.
    Steve Jones - http://www.americanfalconry.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@American_Falconry
    What is best in life? "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jones View Post
    OK, l get it now. I read it as 100 total copies printed, 30 of which were Collectors Editions. But instead there were 100 Collectors Editions printed, of which only 30 are left.
    Yes sir.
    Bill

Yes sir.
    What is different about the collectors edition?
    Tom Smith, Sometimes, someone unexpected comes into your life out of nowhere, makes your heart race, and changes you forever. We call those people cops.

Tom, the Collectors edition is bound in blue boards. The title and head shot of the peregrine are done in gold gilt. It has different pastedowns and f.e.p. Each copy is signed and numbered by Bruce. Also, John Baumlin did a really nice drawing of a tundra falcon that was used to produce 100 prints. The prints are tipped into each copy of the Collectors edition and are numbered(and signed by Baumlim) to match the number of the book.
    Bill

Tom, the Collectors edition is bound in blue boards. The title and head shot of the peregrine are done in gold gilt. It has different pastedowns and f.e.p. Each copy is signed and numbered by Bruce. Also, John Baumlin did a really nice drawing of a tundra falcon that was used to produce 100 prints. The prints are tipped into each copy of the Collectors edition and are numbered(and signed by Baumlim) to match the number of the book.
    yep, got mine and loved it... worth it, you'll enjoy it.
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Thanks Bill, I was wondering because the copy I have apparently is not the collectors edition, but it is a prize none the less.

I got to thinking that since my copy was a gift and what a great gift it is, I thought I would suggest that if you are looking for a gift for a falconer friend or relative for Christmas, this book would be perfect. Unless you wanted to give the person a hood or hawking bag, but for the falconer that already has everything I think this book would be great.

Best wishes,

I agree Tom.....
    Bill

Me too.

Thread Information