Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Longer Able To Post Photos

Thanks Chris! You're doing fine, I appreciate the site and the work that it's upkeep entails.
    Anthony Scott - Apprentice -"My Lord Protector's hawks do tower so well; They know their master loves to be aloft And bears his thoughts above his falcon's pitch.”

On Photobucket: I had many issues with viruses on it. I hated it, the layout too clunky in all honesty as well. I use Imgur to upload all my images. Works just as well, in my opinion, and its also free.
    - Sarah
    Apprentice, raptor rehab volunteer, artist, animator.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Sorry guys. Hang in there a little longer with the pictures. I about have all of the data moved To a new server. This all takes time so nothing is lost.

You can use other 3rd party hosting site too besides Photobucket.

I am doing my best and hopefully will be back to the way it was

Thanks for understanding

Chrisn
    David

We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

I hate using Photobucket, gotta find another hosting site I guess until this site gets fixed up!
    Anthony Scott - Apprentice -"My Lord Protector's hawks do tower so well; They know their master loves to be aloft And bears his thoughts above his falcon's pitch.”

Default Third party memory

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I hate using Photobucket, gotta find another hosting site I guess until this site gets fixed up!
    I am allergic to any web "service" that does something for "free". They are making money of off me one way or another or both, and I don't think I want to find out how.

Regards,
    Thomas of the Distrustful
    Tom Munson, Buckeye, AZ
    619-379-2656, tom@munson.us

Very true, mostly with very annoying ads that they place RIGHT on the edge of the button you're trying to click hoping you'll miss by a millimeter (which inevitably happens on a phone or something finger operated)... Drives me nuts.

let me know if anyone is having trouble with posting photos. The new software should have fixed that

Chris
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Photobucket now requires paying a rather hefty fee before you can use it to link images on a forum. Thousands of forums now have broken links to previous images that no longer show up.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/07/06...over-charging/
    Keith Thompson
    Treat everyone you meet with dignity and respect....but have a plan to kill them just in case

I am hoping that the photo bucket option is no longer needed. This is why I have removed it. Please let me know if you can upload directly
    Chris Lynn

It works with a host. Now I'll try one without.

Keith Thompson
    Treat everyone you meet with dignity and respect....but have a plan to kill them just in case

I'm not seeing a way to upload directly from your computer? Am I missing something?
    Keith Thompson

Hi keith,

I forgot I still have it set to direct upload for supporting members only. Since photo bucket has pulled these shenanigans I will make it so all can direct upload. I feel it was a good perk to those who said thank you and donated as pictures do take up bandwidth and space, which cost me more money. But after all of this and with photo bucket I want NAFEX to not deal with any problems ever again even if that means more money for me. I want nafex to stay intact and not have to worry about any third party get rich quick schemes or hackers

I will update when I make it that all can upload directly.
    Chris Lynn

Uploading pics directly is working for me! Thank you Chris!!!
    Ali15Jul17_2495.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L. View Post
    Hi keith,

I forgot I still have it set to direct upload for supporting members only. Since photo bucket has pulled these shenanigans I will make it so all can direct upload. I feel it was a good perk to those who said thank you and donated as pictures do take up bandwidth and space, which cost me more money. But after all of this and with photo bucket I want NAFEX to not deal with any problems ever again even if that means more money for me. I want nafex to stay intact and not have to worry about any third party get rich quick schemes or hackers

I will update when I make it that all can upload directly.
    I have no problem with donating to the cause !
    Keith Thompson

No Kieth please don't take it as a post to get donations. I do this cause I want to give back to the community I enjoy and the sport I love. I just wanted everyone to have a little history on the why's of NAFEX

i will work on this today for eveyone

thank you

chris
    Chris Lynn

My pleasure Tasha. I am happy to hear it's working.

Thank you for letting me know
    Chris Lynn

I only get "invalid file" when I attempt to download a jpg image from my laptop.
    Keith Thompson

Keith please email me the picture you are trying to upload and let me see what extension it is. Admin@nafex.net
    Chris Lynn

Chris Lynn

Rick

they uploaded perfectly from my phone. I will try CPU in the AM. It's something on your end I am assuming
    Chris Lynn

Yes Chris, I checked my settings for NAFEX to see if I had something wrong or blocking me from uploading pictures. Maybe you can find something out. Very frustrating. Thank you
    Rick

Are you flying a cast this season Rick? Pretty cool! Someone else on here is flying a gyr/pere and a pere/prairie cast. Fell in love watching Sterners video's!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well Fred, looks like it. Had different plans, but my friend bowed out this year, so I have two young birds. The tiercel was kept in the chamber as he was not going to be hacked. He has really been messing up the hack, but I might have him on track again and be able to fly then together. This story is in the longwing thread, and with pictures now.
    Rick

Rick

try again. I may have found the problem
    Chris Lynn

Chris: Looks like it works now.
    Thanks for working on it! It's hard to imagine how much time you devoted to this project.

The only issue I'm seeing now is that my subscriptions aren't working.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Keith Thompson

Glad its working again. Thanks so much!

Thread Information