Thread: East Tennessee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

From what I am aware of in communicating with the guys in the state and the local wildlife officers, I am the only falconer in this area. My sponsor is over an hour away. I know of another person looking for a sponsor in Shady Valley, however I don't think he's been successful in locating one so far. I know since the short time I've had my bird there's been a considerable amount of interest and the local newspaper wants to do a story, so maybe it's the start of getting more falconers on this side.
    Matt

I'm just across the hill in bluff city and have actually waited for years to hear about someone into falconry here. How exactly do you find a sponsor? I have permission to use 100 acres with absolutely nothing on it but one old horse that walks around on it back in the woods that's wide open and cut up into 10 acre fields we could hunt. It's full of rabbits, squirrel, ground hog, and the occasional Qual or pheasant. I would love to get into this sport. Thanks for any advice or if anyone in the local area or within driving distance would like, you could fly you're birds there. It would be worth it just to see them go.

Carl Stevens..
    Last edited by Cstevens; 12-29-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Thread Information