Thread: 2017 Utah Merlin Meet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2017 Utah Merlin Meet

The dates are set for the 2017 Utah Merlin Meet, and we have a new website:

February 20-25
    www.merlinmeet.com

This is going to be a meet you won't want to miss! We already have falconers from all over the world including Canada, Mexico, Ireland, England, and Japan committed to attending this year. Merlin hawkers from around the west will be there flying their birds on large starling flocks. Check out the website for more details and to register for the meet. Hope to see you there!
    Jeremy Bradshaw
    www.thepassagemerlin.com

Wishing you the very best of sport (and fun), and just a quick note to say what a pleasure it was to spend a little time with you in Ireland (even if it was too short a time, and we ended up with cold beef for dinner)!

Best wishes,

Tony.

Jeremy -

Will you have pics or video of your trip to Ireland at the meet?

Paul

Tony- It was such a pleasure to finally spend some time together in person. Dinner might have been better if we had eaten while it was warm for sure!

Paul- I will probably run a slide show of photos from the Ireland trip during the dessert social Wednesday night. We have several falconers from Ireland coming for the meet and may have one of them do a little talk about flying a sparrowhawk. Not a merlin, but still a very cool small bird.
    Jeremy Bradshaw
    www.thepassagemerlin.com

Jer

Hate I can't make it. Please post pictures of the adventures
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Will do Chris!
    Jeremy Bradshaw
    www.thepassagemerlin.com

Jeremy, do you do this meet at the same time every year? I wasn't even aware of this meet until this post. I will definitely consider putting it on the calendar if I know it's roughly the same every year.
    Gregory E. Miller
    "Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies." - Teddy Moritz/Unknown Origin

Yeah Greg it is usually at the end of February. I don't imagine we will change that. The meet has been a part of the Utah Skytrials since the 90's, but it has growing in popularity on its own over the last several years. We decided last year to separate ourselves as a singular event. It is a great get together for networking with other merlin hawkers from around the world and seeing some good flights are large starling flocks. This is the meet to make it to though for sure. We have international guests coming from Ireland, England, Canada, Mexico, and Japan so far.
    Jeremy Bradshaw
    www.thepassagemerlin.com

Quote Originally Posted by BigJerHoods View Post
    Yeah Greg it is usually at the end of February. I don't imagine we will change that. The meet has been a part of the Utah Skytrials since the 90's, but it has growing in popularity on its own over the last several years. We decided last year to separate ourselves as a singular event. It is a great get together for networking with other merlin hawkers from around the world and seeing some good flights are large starling flocks. This is the meet to make it to though for sure. We have international guests coming from Ireland, England, Canada, Mexico, and Japan so far.
    I would love to have gone this year and had I anticipated it would have made it work, but i've managed to completely over book falconry season with meets and hunting get aways as it is; ignoring the fact i've already burnt most of my work vacation before it's spring renewal. It would have been a blast to bring my little guy out and meet other merlin falconers. I already threw it on next years calendar to remember to watch for information. Hope you guys have a great meet!
    Gregory E. Miller
    "Hunt hard, kill swiftly, waste nothing, offer no apologies." - Teddy Moritz/Unknown Origin

I'm looking forward to it. It's been about ten years since I attended and I was sure to register as soon as I had the dates. It will be good to see you fellow merlin men again.

Default New Facebook Page

Just put up a new Facebook page for the Utah Merlin Meet. Any new information or updates will be posted there as well as on the website. There are photos posted from previous merlin meets as well!
    Jeremy Bradshaw
    www.thepassagemerlin.com

Thread Information