Thread: New to falconry in VA

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default New to falconry in VA

My name is nick lane, I'm just starting out and am looking to make contact and connections with people who have experience, and are hopefully near me. So far I have really struggled finding anyone even close to me. I'm in Chesapeake, and I don't mind driving a few hours. Please if you are near me, or now if anyone near me, please let me know.

I'm in Kitty Hawk . Not too far. I hunt most weekends but rarely get up that way. let me know if you want to get together and we can go slay a few squirrels in Currituck somewhere.

Doug
    Doug

That would be awesome. If you could PM me your info, I would love that. I am more than willing to drive that far, or even to kitty hawk if need be. I'm about 1hour and 15min away from you
    Nick lane

Quote Originally Posted by Nlane95 View Post
    My name is nick lane, I'm just starting out and am looking to make contact and connections with people who have experience, and are hopefully near me. So far I have really struggled finding anyone even close to me. I'm in Chesapeake, and I don't mind driving a few hours. Please if you are near me, or now if anyone near me, please let me know.
    Hello Nick, good luck in you search. You may want to look up the Virginia Falconers Association. I am sure they can help you locate someone in your area. Take care and I HOPE it works out.
    David

We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

Thank you. I did look them up, but they weren't much help. They don't have any memebers in my area. But I've been able to find a few people that are close enough by searching all over the interwebs. It was a rough start at first, but a lot of people are really helpful in this sport
    Nick lane

Quote Originally Posted by Nlane95 View Post
    It was a rough start at first, but a lot of people are really helpful in this sport

Hang in there Nick, This is how it all started for most of us. Keep with it and you will find someone.

Keep us posted on your progress
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

We are in VA and just trying to get started too - it seems like folks are pretty spread out here. Everyone we've met in state has been through VA Falconers. Good luck and I'll keep an ear open for you.
    Elizabeth Hauris

Hi Nick. Best bet would be to attemd a VFA meet so you can introduce yourself and meet some people face to face. 3rd weekend in January Harrisonburg. 3rd weekend in Febuary Winchester. Info should be posted soon.
    ~Stacey
    North Shenandoah Valley,Virginia

Thread Information