Hi Falconry Enthusiasts!

We are happy to be here! My name is Elizabeth and I have been interested in Falconry since I was a kid and saw a demonstration at a local nature center. At the time I couldn't figure out how to get involved, so I put it on the back burner and now only 20 years later I am starting to get involved. My husband, Jon, is also interested in learning falconry so it has been really fun to start to talk about this together.

...It's an interest that must be hereditary as my 13 year old daughter is wild about the idea. So far we've been to a couple of VA Falconeers meets & get-togethers, taken an amazing trip up to Eagle Ridge in PA and seen some red tail trapping, read a ton of books, and met a lot of great people. We are hoping to find a sponsor somewhere local to the piedmont/ northern VA area.

I engage in a lot of historic research for my job and I am really interested in the history of falconry as well as the modern sport. We also have fun hobby farming and pursuing home education.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Picture of my daughter, Lydia, at Eagle Ridge. Thank you to the gentlemen there who recommended this forum - I am terrible with names but I hope to reconnect with you here!