Thread: Joint Potomac Falconry Association and Peregrine Club of Philadelphia Meet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Joint Potomac Falconry Association and Peregrine Club of Philadelphia Meet

The joint meet was spectacular! The PFA were extraordinary hosts. David and Tracey Parks knocked it out of the park. The food was awesome, the guided hunts produced tons of game and the location was amazing. If you didn't make it, I highly recommend you put it on your calendar for next year! Best meet ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mark
    "May you live all the days of your life!"

Thanks Mark it was our pleasure! We had a great time and were blessed with a beautiful day! I believe all the dirt hawkers took game, or had ample opportunities. We also had a huge crowd witness some amazing long wing flights!! I would like to thank everyone that attended the meet. Also huge thanks goes to all that donated to our raffle. Mike's Falconry, Western Sporting, Davidson Falconry, Rodent Pro, Larry Counce, Brian McDonald, all of the PFA/PCP members who donated, and anyone I may have missed. If anyone knows of someone I did not mention please do so. We really appreciate everyone's help but Tracy and I were spread pretty thin on Saturday and the donations were flying in! Again on behalf of the Potomac Falconers Association, and myself, I thank you all very much! Here is a website address from a professional photographer in attendance: http://reinie.smugmug.com/Hunting-with-Raptors/
    Enjoy!
    David

We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

A great time indeed. A huge thanks to Dave and Tracy and his grandad for opening his hunting lodge/farm to us all. I have been going there for many years with Dave and it's always an honor to visit the property that his family utilizes as their livelihood.

A few more people to thank for donating to the raffle---Jeremy Bradshaw,Bruce Haak and Liam McGranaghan for signed copies of each of their books. Bob Collins from the The Archives, and the many folks who took the time to either make items(pigeon harnesses etc) or to bring items from their personal collections to offer up as donation items. I was overwhelmed by the volume of items for the raffle.
    Bill
    I have been known to approach the east...

Quote Originally Posted by GONEHAWKN View Post
    A great time indeed. A huge thanks to Dave and Tracy and his grandad for opening his hunting lodge/farm to us all. I have been going there for many years with Dave and it's always an honor to visit the property that his family utilizes ad their livelihood.

A few more people to thank for donating to the raffle---Jeremy Bradshaw,Bruce Haak and Liam McGranaghan for signed copies of each of their books. Bob Collins from the The Archives, and the many folks who took the time to either make items(pigeon harnesses etc) or to bring items from their personal collections to offer up as donation items. I was overwhelmed by the volume of items for the raffle.
    YES! Thank you very much Bill! You always have my back! I am a bit under the weather and not quite up to par today. Yet that's what it's all about...TEAMWORK!!! Again thanks to those above that donated so generously as well!!!
    David

We only go through this circus once, so enjoy the ride.

Thank you Dave, Tracy, Mark and everyone who made the meet so perfect.
    Good people, good farm, good game, good birds - good meet!!!

Without a doubt the BEST MEET I’ve attended this season.

Dave and Tracy were phenomenal hosts making everyone who attended feel like family.

The farm experience and the lodge were a refreshing change from your typical hotel based meet.

An abundance of game for both Dirthawkers and Longwingers.

Raffle items to die for.

And many memorable moments including :
    · The spectacular late Saturday afternoon duck flights where 2 of the 3 falcons flown got the job done and third which didn’t connect had an incredible flight trying.
    · The afterhours shrimp Billy W. cooked up on the lodge’s commercial stove (With any luck this will become a staple of future meets similar to what Chris C. has become known for at the NAFA meets)
    · The Sunday morning Sky Trial.

Can’t wait to attend again next year!

I was glad I got to come by, and wished I could've stayed longer! Next year I'll be sure to block out the weekend with everyone. Big thanks to everyone that worked hard to make it a wonderful meet!
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
    I was glad I got to come by, and wished I could've stayed longer! Next year I'll be sure to block out the weekend with everyone. Big thanks to everyone that worked hard to make it a wonderful meet!
    Sorry I missed you Ken. Maybe we will see you in a few weeks in Cordova?
    Bill
    I have been known to approach the east...

Quote Originally Posted by GONEHAWKN View Post
    Sorry I missed you Ken. Maybe we will see you in a few weeks in Cordova?
    yeah I'd love to catch up and do some hawking with you guys! I'm probably going to put my HH up for the summer in a few weeks and start working with a male Aplo for the summer. Is Andrew having the mini-meet thing? PM me some info, I haven't given him my new address since I moved so I probably don't get a flyer if he sends one.
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Thread Information