Greetings and I hope that this message finds you well. My name is Cam. I am relatively new to the "sport" of falconry. I'm currently in central Oregon.

I am looking forward to making some friends and connections here and being a resource when I can. I have about 2 years of studying under my belt so far. Taking my Oregon exam in April 17' to get my license and permits. Hoping to trap a passage hawk in September.

My first sponsor was Frank Hoffman at the Placerita Canyon Nature Center in California. Frank is the treasurer for the Cal Hawking Club. If you are ever traveling through Placerita Canyon, stop by the nature center and say hello. Great place for a nature hike.

When I relocated I was fortunate to be sponsored by John Goodell, an active member of the Oregon Falconry Association and former curator for the Birds of Prey exhibit at the High Desert Museum. However he left his position at the High Desert Museum and moved to Portland, so I am now looking for a 3rd sponsor, which is in the works. Wish me luck.

In the meantime I am studying for the exam and absorbing all the info I can while scouting some good hunting locations. I have a 40 acre spread in south central Oregon, so if anyone is looking for a place to camp and hawk, look me up.

Best,
Cam