Thread: New from Ohio

Default New from Ohio

Hi there!!! I'm new to the site and looking to gain the knowledge needed to become an apprentice falconer. I have always had a lot of passion for birds of prey. Look forward to reading and learning from all the great people here. Any advice on the books I should get 1st would be great. Thanks for reading and hope to learn a lot.

William Valentine

Hi! I'm new from OH too and have received some great advice in a short time. Even an invite to go on a hunt

I just signed up on http://www.ohiofalconry.org/ and have been poking around the DNR website as well: http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/licenses...-permits#tabr7

For the exam, Ohio DNR recommends reading North American Falconry and Hunting Hawks by Beebe and Webster.
    -Jason C.
    There's nothing like waiting and getting exactly what you want.

I would recommend the CHC study guide and apprenticeship manual they both can be found on western sporting's website and helped me tremendously on my exam. I also love my "bible" the Harris 's hawk revolution. Good luck and welcome!
    Charles Nelson
    "There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchyā€¯ Alfred Henry Lewis

CHC study guide was my life saver know that and you are good on the test.
    The falconer's Apprentice by William C Oakes is a must have for your first bird.
    I HIGHLY recommend these books.

Sent from my 5056E using Tapatalk
    Luke Ryan, Apprentice falconer
    Gordon county, Georgia. Eph 2:8-9

Thread Information