Hi Everyone,

Just passed the falconry test! I have been dreaming of becoming a falconer for far far too long. It's only been recently that I've got the job and work schedule to afford the bird and the hobby as much time as it deserves. I've been stalking this site for a while now and I thought it was due time for an introduction. I'm a 34 year old biomedical engineer outside of Ann Arbor Michigan. I have an amazingly supportive wife and a very spirited 5 year old daughter. I work for Johnson and Johnson mapping cardiac arrhythmias along side doctors in various hospitals throughout Michigan. Love the job! I get to solve a puzzle with crazy cool technology and usually finish at or around midday each day. Things I've filled my days with include flying in my plane ( less so lately), woodworking, electronics, RC aircraft, archery, building bows, hunting, reading, playing with my daughter and dreaming of being a falconer While waiting to take the falconry test I tried my hand at learning leatherworking. These are my first creations and are still works in progress, I guess. I have to burnish edges, makes braces, and a system of holding food to the lure, but I like how they are turning out! Love the khan style of hoods but couldn't find a good pattern. I kind of improvised these, but I think I can come up with a khan pattern myself and still hold true to the "fit" of these tried and true designs. Anywho, I'm obviously new to the falconry world and the next step in sequence will be to secure a sponsor, so I'm open to any and all tips you may have! If any of you are in my area and would like to meet up for a beer and wouldn't mind an onslaught of questions, it would be greatly appreciated! I would love to see other people's setups/mews/birds as well or just get to know nearby falconers!