Quote Originally Posted by MrBill View Post
Paul,

Will you please explain how our "political abilities" have been restricted in the past; in other words, what does McNeff mean when he says, "As a c7 Membership Organization, we are not legally permitted to do much in the way of advocacy and defense." Thanks.

Also, while I am no longer a member of NAFA, from having been a participating member for many years, I can truthfully say that the cultural heritage project is the first truly proactive effort NAFA has made that I can recall. I commend them for this, and applaud their efforts. Previously all their work, some of it monumental, came after-the-fact, as a way to put out brushfires.

Bill Boni

As I understand it a c7 organization is not allowed by law to lobby, or pay a lobbyist. There are a lot of restrictions placed on the various forms of non-profit organizations depending on whether they are a c3, c4, or c7. The creation of the Falconry Fund, a true non-profit where all contributions are tax deductible, is besides conservation and education, to build a large war chest which may be used by the yet to be named c4 to lobby and fight legal battles, which neither the c3 or c7 are allowed. It should be noted that the money raised by the c3 and used by the c4 can be used to fight battles for any falconry club/organization, state or otherwise, as long as the c4 organization approves. These organizations both act independently of NAFA.