I'm Tara from North-Central Florida hoping to move to Idaho within a year or two. I got my general falconry permit this year but still have a lot of learning and growing to do and I thought this would be a good place to start. My first bird was a red-tailed hawk named Roc. He was a great bird but refused to hunt squirrels so I had to transfer him to someone else. I trained him well but I caught nothing my first hunting season because rabbits are very difficult to find here, as they prefer to come out only at night.

I now have a male Krider's Red-Tailed Hawk named Reaper that I trapped December 15th of 2016. He is the exact opposite of Roc. He has gone after literally anything that moves including an armadillo! I've had success with this hawk and I'm very happy with him!

Outside of falconry, I have written and published my own book, though this is old news as it happened 5 years ago. It is a first in a series for young adults called "Brothers of Elysium". The first book, "Kael" follows a young angel training to become a warrior in Heaven's military. A precaution though, this is not a christian fiction book, as it is quite violent and there is swearing in it.

This may be of interest to falconers in the fact that I have based their wing shapes and personalities off of birds of prey. Kael is the only 1 of 2 "longwing" type angels and the only other falcon-type in existence is a very high ranking officer in Hell's army. No it's not his dad. I'll leave the "the bad guy is my father" idea to George Lucas.

Most of the angels in my books are buteos and accipiters, with the archangels being all eagle types except for one, which is based off of a eurasian eagle owl.

The personalities are all still varied, but in fight and flight scenes I took their wing type differences into account. Eg. Kael can NOT fight the fallen angels that are buteo types on the ground, as he is smaller and weaker than they are. In the air, however, he is a force to be reckoned with.

Anyway that's it I think. I'm open to questions/suggestions on both falconry and my books! Thank you so much!

My boyfriend, myself and Reaper:
http://i.imgur.com/dRSQPlb.jpg

The cover of my book:
http://i.imgur.com/jyoPrxl.png