Lauren.....big Hi to Bill! he got me set up in a great red-tail trapping spot last year, tell them I will be back! Bill is a major resource on all things falconry.
Sounds like your property is less than ideal but you are already think like a falconer about available game and hazards roads, powerlines, people, etc). One thing I have learned for sure is the whole deal is about anticipating and planning for risks. With my Harris Hawks I avoid squirrel as much as possible, they are a little smaller than red-tails and more fragile feet. Tree rats can put a heck of a bite on a toe and may put the bird out of commission for good. But, they are prime targets for red-tails. Groundhogs, well the best I can do for you is my son and I with a rifle. The only bird capable of that is a golden eagle, my sponsor used to have one and target them but not many folks flying them now.

I will check the PM and swing buy when convenient for both of us..will bring all my birds (if for nothing else but to show off)

Dennis