In little more than 2 weeks, the Colorado Hawking Club will be hosting our annual Fall Passage Campout. Once again, the campout will be held at the Pawnee National Grasslands - Crow Valley Campground, County Road 77, Briggsdale, CO 80611 -- Oct. 13, 14, & 15th (overnight stays for the nights of Oct. 13th & 14th). Please note that there is no electricity available at this group camp site. We will have a small generator for lighting... please plan accordingly.

Matt Gould has agreed to roast a pig again this year. The pig roast will take place on Saturday. We are asking members, who plan on attending, to bring a side dish. The club will cover the cost of the pig and will also cover the fee for the education site at the Crow Valley Campground. The education site can accommodate up to 50 tent campers. We are also allowed to bring trailers; however, the site will not accommodate many trailers as we cannot park them on the grass. If there is not enough room to accommodate, some of us with trailers will have to use the established trailer sites (the established sites are not far from the education site and there should be plenty spots available).

If you plan to attend and stay overnight, you will want to bring your own camping equipment (whether tent, trailer, or other) along with food, plates & utensils for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for the duration of your stay (remember to please include a side dish for the pig roast). The club will be providing the pig, along with charcoal for pig roast. We will also provide enough buns, plates and silverware for the roast feast.

If you are coming from out of state, please let me know within 5 days prior to the meet, and then you do not need an import permit. Out of state falconers bringing a bird will still need a health certificate and Ag entry permit number. If you would like to bring a bird and need assistance in getting your health certificate/ag permit, please let me know and I'm happy to walk you through it.

This is a really fun event with great hawking nearby (if you're into hunting jacks!)