Thread: Hello from California!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello from California!

Hello Everyone!

I Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Tony Pantaleo and I am a second year apprentice. I have flown both RT and Kestrels and enjoying each in their own way! I have also worked with several other raptor species in a rehabilitation capacity which I have been doing for years. I am located in Fresno, CA and have a passion for animals and wildlife but falconry has taken this to a new level by fueling this obsession! (I'm sure most/all of you can appreciate that) I look forward to being part of this group and am planning to trap a RT for this year soon. I will do my best to detail the process on this site in the appropriate thread! Thanks and Happy Hawking!

-Tony P.

Tony! Look forward to reading your thread with the new RTH, when you get it!
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Thank you Deb! I appreciate the warm welcome

-Tony P.

Welcome to the addiction.
    Joe

Northern California

Tony... I live in Montana now, but I'm originally from the Tulare County and like most south valley folks from that area, I've spent a lot of time in Fresno. I'm only getting into falconing now that I'm in Montana, as it wasn't practical for me before now. As my parents are still in California and we make if back there about every 1-2 years, I'm curious to know what your experience has been falconing in Central California. In retrospect, especially if you know a lot of farmers (which I did) or if you spend a fair amount of time in the foothills, (which I did when we were in Lindsay) that there would be a pretty good falconing environment for California. Also... I am curious whether California's regs are a lot stricter than the basic federal regs that all state regs are built around. Mostly I'm curious because once my son and I have our raptors, I think it would interesting to do some falconing in California if it's not too onerous a process for an outside visitor.

Anyhow... you and I have joined the forum at about the same time. Good luck in your endeavors, I hope you'll post updates from time to time.
    Doug Clark
    Anaconda, MT

Thread Information