Thread: Timed feeders for imprints?

Default Timed feeders for imprints?

Over on Steve Bodio's blog "Querencia" he has pictures of his new Saker that he's imprinting with an automatic cat feeder next to it that he uses for feedings:

Anyone else ever use these automatic feeders when raising eyasses? He says using it makes for "perfect manners". Having never raised an eyas myself but hearing the horror stories about food association I'm intrigued for sure...Pure genius if it works as well as I imagine it does!

Thoughts?
    -Isaac

I read someplace that they work great unless the bird starts standing on the feeder so it can't open. So if you can set it up so the food "drops out", or some other way......Or maybe it depends on the bird, and they never start standing on it-Tim
    Tim A.

I've used auto feeders for years with imprints Isaac, they work great. The little pet feeder Steve is using there works on the little guys, once they reach the brancher stage they do tend to stand on them at just the wrong time like Tim said LOL. Use a hanging type from the brancher stage on or top mount the pet feeder type and you'll be good to go.
    Jeff

Jeff,
    where do you find those feeders? I tried some local places and PETCO in OKC but I cant find anything!
    Chris Kimble - "Hit it Hard"

Quote Originally Posted by chris kimble View Post
    Jeff,
    where do you find those feeders? I tried some local places and PETCO in OKC but I cant find anything!
    Chris I got my last one from PetSmart some years ago. I don't use those much just when they are real little, and I absolutely can't take them with me. Nice thing is you can put your food in there frozen and by the time the top pops up it's thawed and the little fuzzbucket can chow down.
    Did you see the one Jerry made for the raffle this weekend. Really nice drop down type feeder. Those are the kind I like, you know he'd make you one.
    Did you make that bow perch that went in the raffle? Great piece of work if you did, that's the one thing I was hoping I'd win.
    It was good to see you this weekend.
    Jeff
    PS here's a link to a double feeder, hope it works.
    http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Petsafe_...Feeding_System
    Last edited by GyrXPeals; 06-09-2008 at 02:01 PM. Reason: added link

I've got a thread on here with a link to a site that sells the kind I've been using for over a year now with my gos. It's under equipment I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I've got a thread on here with a link to a site that sells the kind I've been using for over a year now with my gos. It's under equipment I believe.
    Here is that thread:

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=2024
    Ryan - Boise, ID
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote Originally Posted by GyrXPeals View Post
    Chris I got my last one from PetSmart some years ago. I don't use those much just when they are real little, and I absolutely can't take them with me. Nice thing is you can put your food in there frozen and by the time the top pops up it's thawed and the little fuzzbucket can chow down.
    Did you see the one Jerry made for the raffle this weekend. Really nice drop down type feeder. Those are the kind I like, you know he'd make you one.
    Did you make that bow perch that went in the raffle? Great piece of work if you did, that's the one thing I was hoping I'd win.
    It was good to see you this weekend.
    Jeff
    PS here's a link to a double feeder, hope it works.
    http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Petsafe_...Feeding_System
    Jeff, it was good seeing you too! Wish we'd had more time to shoot the bull, I enjoy hearing your philosophies on things But I was really trying to catch up on club affairs etc.

Yes, I made that bow perch and I'd be happy to make one for you...got a few extra layin around in fact. You should come out and visit sometime. I forgot to get a leash or two from you anyway! I came home with too much as it was lol. ( I tried a round braid last night.....I failed )

Jere and I have talked about his auto feeders, and I have a design Im hoping he will build, but Im gonna go ahead and pick up a double feeder if petsmart has them. Anyway, thanks for the link.
    Chris Kimble - "Hit it Hard"

Thread Information