Thread: Nafa meet 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Nafa meet 2017

I will be leaving in 40 days to head to Kearney, getting real excited.
    Chris
    Goshawks get it done with style

Me too. But it's like 85F and 100% humidity right now... I'm having a terrible time getting my bird back to weight after a long summer. I'm dying for some cooler weather, maybe a few nice cold fronts or at least some night time weather in the 40's or 50's.

What are you flying this year Chris?
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

I have my female goshawk back still trying to get her weight down, and a new jack merlin and he is a ball
    Chris
    Goshawks get it done with style

Speaking of the NAFA meet, does anyone have an early report on game numbers this year?

Paul

One of the few things keeping me chugging though the semester.

I am still hoping to catch a ride to Kearney on the 18th. I have a flight landing in Omaha on the 18th at 3:30M. If there there is anyone else getting in around this time, that could give me a lift to Kearney, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Jay T.
    Montana

Jay:

When I read your post I checked my route and discovered that I pass through Omaha on Interstate 80 on my way to Kearny. I'm driving the 1400 miles from my home in New Jersey to Kearny leaving on he 16th and arriving on the 17th so unfortunately, I won't be able to help you out.

However, perhaps someone else reading this might now realize if they are coming from the East, and are traveling on Interstate 80, that they will be passing through Omaha and picking you up wouldn't result in them having to go out of their way to do so.

sLast report was numbers are all good. as per Ralph
    Rich in Illinois....
    "Man has emerged from the shadows of antiquity with a Peregrine on his wrist......."

Anyone looking to split the cost of a hotel room? Both guys I had as potentials to go this year backed out so I'm just looking for a hotel room from Saturday night to Wednesday morning. I can reserve a room, but be warned it will only be for those days. If anyone's interested or just looking to lower the cost of your room let me know via PM. I plan to bring my Redtail, Coops, and maybe the kestrel.
    Chris Karraker
    "Haaawwwk."

Today is the last day to pre-register for the NAFA Meet folks. Go to the website and register and save yourself $20. The registration fee goes up at the meet!
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information