Thread: Hunt On Way To NAFA Meet?

Default Hunt On Way To NAFA Meet?

Hey, if anyone can see themselves on my route toward the NAFA Meet on the below map and want to go hawking, I am available either Friday, Nov 17th or Saturday, Nov 18th as I can arrange to leave to get there either day. If not, I hope to see all those going to the meet in Kearney!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fred:

Unfortunately, my travel schedule and route don't match up with yours, otherwise I'd plan on meeting up with you. I'm leaving on Wednesday - November 15 and arriving late Thursday evening. For me its a very boring drive entirely on Route 80 from my home in New Jersey to Kearney, Nebraska. Have a safe trip and look forward to seeing you at the meet.

No problem Joe! I am planning on leaving early Friday morning and was thinking if anyone lived along the route I was driving and wanted to go hawking either Friday or Saturday, I could meet up with them either day and do so. Either way, I will drive Friday until I am tired and stay the night somewhere and then leave Saturday morning and arrive in Kearney sometime Saturday. See you there!
    Fred

From the KHC newsletter.

Ron Krupa has graciously agreed to let us enjoy his "backyard" in and around El Dorado Lake State Park the weekend of NOVEMBER 18th. We are planning to camp out at the lake but the Super 8 hotel in El Dorado is reportedly falconer friendly.

The area is known for it's prairie chickens, ducks, and quail. Good populations of rabbits, as well as isolated populations a pheasant and jack rabbits are also available.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

More info to follow.
    Christopher Ly
    "Life is a garden. Dig it."

Hey Chris thanks for posting about this on here. I'm not planning to attend the NAFA meet this year. Maybe I will be able to make a weekend trip to this rendezvous. Thanks and keep me posted please.
    Charles Nelson
    "There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchyā€¯ Alfred Henry Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by christopher.vly View Post
    From the KHC newsletter.

Ron Krupa has graciously agreed to let us enjoy his "backyard" in and around El Dorado Lake State Park the weekend of NOVEMBER 18th. We are planning to camp out at the lake but the Super 8 hotel in El Dorado is reportedly falconer friendly.

The area is known for it's prairie chickens, ducks, and quail. Good populations of rabbits, as well as isolated populations a pheasant and jack rabbits are also available.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

More info to follow.
    Thanks Chris! Are you going to be there? I think I will leave early enough to get there Friday evening and will be able to go hawking Saturday and then head on up to Kearney Saturday afternoon or evening.
    Fred

Hey Chris,

I tried to private message you but it says you have exceeded your stored private messages quota and won't let me send you a message. So I will ask here. Will you be at the mini meet in El Dorado? Can you send me an address I can put into MapQuest so I can get there. I am leaving NC really early Friday morning and should arrive in El Dorado after 9 p.m. so I probably will just camp out with everyone out there and go hawking Saturday and then head on up to Kearney Saturday late afternoon/early evening.

Thanks,
    Fred

Yes I will be there! I'll probably be arriving around the same time. Search up El Dorado state lake. We are not sure yet which campground we will be using but feel free to call or text me at 620-388-3671. I look forward to hawking with you again.
    Christopher Ly

Quote Originally Posted by christopher.vly View Post
    Yes I will be there! I'll probably be arriving around the same time. Search up El Dorado state lake. We are not sure yet which campground we will be using but feel free to call or text me at 620-388-3671. I look forward to hawking with you again.
    Thanks Chris, I will give you a call that Friday while I am driving and get an address from you as I get closer. And yeah, would love to see your falcon catch something. I am still working with my tiercel, hopefully will have him ready by that time.
    Fred

Good deal. The ducks are really starting to show up now.
    Christopher Ly

Hey Fred!
    If you take the route through Ohio, I'd be more than happy to connect with you and get some flying in on Bunnies or Squirrels.
    -Joe
    Joe
    central Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Falconer View Post
    Hey Fred!
    If you take the route through Ohio, I'd be more than happy to connect with you and get some flying in on Bunnies or Squirrels.
    -Joe
    Thanks Joe! But just a wee bit off my route to Kearney! LOL
    Fred

Thread Information