Thread: Rookie in NW New Mexico

Default Rookie in NW New Mexico

Hello all,
    My name is Chris Gibson. I recently passed my New Mexico written test and I am currently building my facilities and acquiring basic equipment to pass my facilities inspection. I grew up hunting and fishing, and Falconry had an automatic appeal to me. I started hanging around with some very experienced falconers about 15 years ago, but only recently do I have the room, time, and finances available to realize this dream. Hopefully I can get my ducks in a row in time to trap a RT and take part in this season before it slips away. I hope everyone's season is going well, and look forward to being a part of this passionate community!!
    Chris Gibson
    NW New Mexico

Chris! Falconry - a passion truly worth getting in to. ENJOY!
    Deb Davis
    Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful of your life. - Mark Twain

Its been a passion for a long time. It feels great to finally be able to truly pursue it.
    Chris Gibson
    NW New Mexico

Good to hear you passed the test how far along are you on your mews post some pictures and keep us updated
    Kelsey Guinn Apprentice

Got the frame and walls done. Too dark for a pic now. I will probably have to wait till next weekend to finish. It will be dark by the time I get home from work. Eventually it wil be 12x29 hybrid. 12x8 enclosed with a 17 foot weathering yard off the front.
    Chris Gibson
    NW New Mexico

Thread Information