Thread: Backpack to leg mount?

Default Backpack to leg mount?

I believe I saw on the Marshall Facebook page something about how to take the spring off the GPS transmitter but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have instructions on how to do that or can guide me to something on Marshall's website that tells how as I couldn't find anything there? I am thinking of doing a neck mount on my tiercel as I am not any good at putting a backpack on.
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fred:

I don't have the answer. I know that Marshall now offers http://marshallradio.com/north-ameri...wist-leg-mount . Have you tried calling Marshall?

Also, if you can wait, I'm sure someone at the meet in Kearney can help you with installing a backpack.

I just took the nut off that holds the spring clip on. It's super tight so make sure you have the appropriate size wrench/socket to avoid stripping. I also bought an antenna protector that replaces the nut because the antenna easily snaps if it gets banged around. I bought leg mount rechargeable batteries so I could switch from backpack to leg mount. You might need to buy a leg mount cap if you don't have one. The cap threads are different from the RT series so don't try
    Chi M.

I was hoping to free fly him for the first time this weekend so I need to get something on him. I wasn’t pleased with the backpack last year so I thought I would try the neck mount as a couple of experienced longwingers fly their peregrines neck mounted here in NC with really good success.

I bought the rechargeable batteries for the backpack mount method but also bought the rechargeable batteries for the leg mount method so I could go either way. I guess I could buy another GPS transmitter and have one of each but they haven’t picked my numbers in the lottery yet! LOL
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    I believe I saw on the Marshall Facebook page something about how to take the spring off the GPS transmitter but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have instructions on how to do that or can guide me to something on Marshall's website that tells how as I couldn't find anything there? I am thinking of doing a neck mount on my tiercel as I am not any good at putting a backpack on.

Edited. I did not see any responses before I posted this so sorry that I already answered the same question

Fred

if if you look at the base of the GPS unit you can unscrew the antenna and slide the blu ring back that puts pressure to hold the clip. After that it is simple to lift up and remove. Let me know if you need a pic.
    Last edited by vlp; 11-09-2017 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Need to add something.
    Vincent from East Tennessee

Thread Information