Thread: Greetings from New Mexico/Michigan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Greetings from New Mexico/Michigan

Not a brand new falconer, but new to NAFEX. A travel nurse currently on assignment in northern New Mexico, but originally from northern Michigan by way of SE Michigan. Primary experience is flying male RTs and a male HH, however am looking to get into micros as my work situation doesn't afford me the luxury to have larger birds in small quarters (that slice!) and I will be going to places that there isn't always larger game available. Currently birdless, but hopefully not for too long.

Welcome to NAFEX!

I look forward to hearing about your journey down the micro road!
    -Lloyd

Welcome! Unlike you I AM brand new. What part of New Mexico are you in? If you don't mind me asking
    Chris Gibson
    NW New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by varminthunter243 View Post
    Welcome! Unlike you I AM brand new. What part of New Mexico are you in? If you don't mind me asking
    I'm in the Taos area

Ah, that's a nice area. A customer of mine works down there (among other places) but lives here in Farmington.
    Chris Gibson
    NW New Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoer View Post
    Not a brand new falconer, but new to NAFEX. A travel nurse currently on assignment in northern New Mexico, but originally from northern Michigan by way of SE Michigan. Primary experience is flying male RTs and a male HH, however am looking to get into micros as my work situation doesn't afford me the luxury to have larger birds in small quarters (that slice!) and I will be going to places that there isn't always larger game available. Currently birdless, but hopefully not for too long.
    Welcome to NAFEX! That part of New Mexico should be great for falconry, and a female Aplomado should be on your short list of choices.

If you get a chance, please take the time to add your name to your signature in your profile so it signs all your posts. Otherwise you'll have to remember to sign every post with your name and it's easy to forget to do.
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
    Welcome to NAFEX! That part of New Mexico should be great for falconry, and a female Aplomado should be on your short list of choices.

If you get a chance, please take the time to add your name to your signature in your profile so it signs all your posts. Otherwise you'll have to remember to sign every post with your name and it's easy to forget to do.
    Thanks! And yes, an aplo would be a dream
    -Julianne
    Northern Michigan

Welcome to Nafex. I remember meeting you at the NAFA meet last year. We went out in the Oklahoma Panhandle chased some jacks and bunnies with your RT and watched your friend run some jacks with his Salukis. That was my first experience seeing a Saluki run, I had a good time.
    Mitch Wishon , From Oklahoma

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch W View Post
    Welcome to Nafex. I remember meeting you at the NAFA meet last year. We went out in the Oklahoma Panhandle chased some jacks and bunnies with your RT and watched your friend run some jacks with his Salukis. That was my first experience seeing a Saluki run, I had a good time.
    You got to see my fat bird pass up easy slips you mean Such is life right? He ended up getting a rabbit after his weight got dialed in later that week though.

His dogs were a blast as always. Hope you're well

Julianne- Michigan

Thread Information