Thread: Lou Woyce Hood

Exclamation Lou Woyce Hood

I am writing because my husband was a good personal friend of Lou Woyce and he and my grown sons have very fond memories of his birds. My husband has always regretted not getting a hood from Lou and I would very much like to locate one for his birthday. Does anyone have any possible leads as to where I could find one, does not need to be in “perfect” condition so long as it was crafted by Lou.

Thanks so much,

Jocelyn

I saw a post on Facebook back in November, someone was looking to sell 8 of his hoods. Laura Hazelett in Colorado, I sent her a message to see if she'd sell any individually... will let you know. I think she was asking $2,000 for all of them... seemed kind of high to me but we'll see what she says. If it's a complete bust and she won't work out a deal, I will try to help you. I have one I could part with but I don't want to sell it if I can find someone else that will. I used to buy a hood from Lou almost every year when I could afford it, and always enjoyed speaking with him. Each hood I got from him was connected to a particular bird I had, or was hoping to get, and they bring back good memories gathering dust on my shelf. The last thing I bought from him was actually a hawking bag, it was at a NAFA meet... maybe in 2006 in Kearney Nebraska(?) if I'm not wrong. I think it was the last time I saw him. I've never had the heart to actually use the bag though, it hangs on a hook in my office and makes me smile when I see it.

Was your husband a falconer? Send me your email if you want to stay in touch, and I will try to help you.
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Your sentiments are heard, he was an extraordinary man. He frequently tinkered in my husband's wood shop- my husband carves decoys. They bonded after my husband did some modifications to his house. Lou was great with my boys when they were younger and even visited my youngest son's kindergarten class with one of his falcon's. He is truly missed. My husband is not a falconer, but the memories of watching Lou with his birds are fond ones. My husband was fortunate to be able to travel with him several times to deliver/ pick up birds. Your help is greatly appreciated! My email is jumpoverthewall@gmail.com.

Sorry for the confusion folks... this is posted in the classifieds section and most cannot respond here. As a moderator I can, and hoped my post would help get more info. She has posted her email address above to be contacted, or send her a PM. Otherwise, we'll have to move this thread out of the Classifieds section into a discussion area where others can comment.
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Thread Information