Thread: New to Imprinting

Default New to Imprinting

Hi everyone!
    I was wondering if there was any good guides for someone completely new to imprinting and raising an eyas Gos? This will be my first imprint Gos this spring and I don't want to make any mistakes. I'm wanting to read everything I can so if there's a good book on the subject please let me know.

Did Steve Layman ever produce a guide to his training techniques?

Thanks for the advice.

Nate
    ~Nate H~

I found the imprint accipiter and understanding goshawks both have alot of useful information to the novice austringer.
    Charles Nelson
    "There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchyā€¯ Alfred Henry Lewis

The Four Week Window, while written for falcons provides some pretty good insights in raptor development. I also recommend The Flying of Falcons. Plus don't be afraid to make mistakes, it's unavoidable and most are not game-changers.
    Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by carlosR View Post
    The Four Week Window, while written for falcons provides some pretty good insights in raptor development. I also recommend The Flying of Falcons. Plus don't be afraid to make mistakes, it's unavoidable and most are not game-changers.
    There is no such thing as a mistake that is not recoverable. No such thing as a mistake that is a game changer.

There are however, mistakes that make it more work than you think it is worth to recover, or would make it more worth while to change the game. But that is a very different thing.

Steve Layman has not done a book, and I would not hold my breath that it is going to happen. His ego is just not wired in that direction.
    Geoff Hirschi - "It is better to have lightning in the fist than thunder in the mouth"
    Custom made Tail Saver Perches - http://www.myrthwood.com/TieEmHigh/

Thread Information