Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post
If I know one thing about technology, it’s that everything—and I mean everything—is hackable and crackable.

In regards to the original poster, I am surprised it’s taken MRT so long to develop an Android compatible app. With the success of GPS telemetry, I would’ve expected this to be a high priority for them. It’s good to hear it’s in the works though. It’ll be a great day when any phone user can link up to a GPS transmitter and find their birds.
I agree. Twenty years ago, I could have really used a GPS system, when I was flying passage eagles. They would catch a piece of air and disappear in the clouds! I encouraged them to do it! In some very rough country in Wyoming. They'd be gone for over half an hour! But they would always find me and come down. But I had no idea where they were. How high does a female Golden Eagle have to be to speck out of visibility? I probably would have paid for the necessary GPS equipment to have it. But of course it wasn't around.

Today, I'm hawking ducks with passage falcons in Kansas. I have a Droid phone. A GPS system would be nice to have. But I just want to hawk ducks. I believe in my current telemetry system.

I've been watching this thread. It's very interesting. There's a very fine, faint hint suggesting that if you want to be a real falconer, you better get the Marshall GPS system and anything and everything necessary to see it happen.

Let's hope I can come home at the end of the day with my bird. Oh, and a duck!

All my best.