Well, once again my job outlook/responsibilities have shifted and it appears I will be able to return back to a semi-normal year. I’m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it will remain this way now.

So, since I had to back out of the Gos from Barry and I saw he had a home for him I went out with a couple local guys looking for Coopers nests. We located 5, the 1st one looked like “pay dirt” but after the climb it was empty, possibly from last year. We continued to search the ground for signs since we knew that Coops were heavily using this mixed Pine & hardwood lot. About 50 yds away from the 1st tress I located a continuous loop of mutes, molted feathers, etc. but the nest looked tiny, almost blown out and in a vey spindly tree. Up the tree and down came the bag with 2 eyas Coops, roughly 9-14 days old.

One of the guys I was with took the older, larger female and I was a sucker and ended up coming home with what appears to be a male Coopers. He weighed 207g last evening so we’ll see. But from his head shape and comparing foot size I’d agree on it being a male.

So, my 1st imprint journey begins….he isn’t the Gos I had longed for but he’ll do just fine I think!