Quote Originally Posted by Austringertx254 View Post
Breeze, good to hear from a fellow texan, yes thats what im referring to, and exactly how i am going to use it, the trim and all, only i didnt plan on insulating the walls, is that something that wouid be best? I have my mews situatated under a couple of trees , for shade, i literally cut out enough room to stand the walls under, one has a very old large muscadine grape growing in it, im not sure what part of east texas you live but sure we have the same weather pattern, should i insulate my mews?
Don't know what your budget is, but if you can do so insulating has been a huge plus in Breeze's mews. It's located under a huge oak, so has plenty of shade, but when I walk in the mews from outside (coming in from where there is shade) it feels much cooler in the mews. Walls and ceiling are insulated - it seems to help quite a bit. My husband says he thinks it's a good 10 degrees cooler in the mews. I don't know - have never put a thermometer inside to check. But I do know it's cooler inside than out, by quite a bit. If we build a second mews (still a dream for me!), it will be insulated as well. Personally, I think it's worth it.