Little introduction of myself,

My name is Jerod and have been fascinated with birds of prey for years. Received my first book on North American Birds when I was seven and have always had a dream of one day working with a raptor. I'm currently 28 years old and am finally able to begin my life-long dream of falconry. Unfortunately, I am in the military and obviously have learned that it takes two years of apprenticeship to start. Well, I only have about a year left at my current station and so I can't start anything yet. That's why I've been doing a lot of research and found this forum website. I've been reading everything and soaking it up like a sponge and want to say that this website is a fantastic resource with a lot of great information.

I'm always looking to learn more, so if anyone has any information I would love to hear from you. Since I only have a year left, I am looking for volunteer opportunities around me that have to do with raptor recovery programs so that I can be closer to the birds and learn. Looking forward to here from you all and eventually become an active falconer in the future.

Thank you!