Thread: Unable to edit classifieds?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Unable to edit classifieds?

I've never been able to find a way to edit a classified ad. Or delete one. Am I missing something?

This post, for instance, has an edit button on the bottom right. My classified ads don't.
    Keith Thompson
    Treat everyone you meet with dignity and respect....but have a plan to kill them just in case

I think Chris has the permissions set that way. I know Classifieds are different from the other forums, and don't allow replies, etc. I think the way you handled it was good, by replying with a "SOLD" comment. Next time I talk to Chris I'll mention it and maybe we'll change this if people want. I personally would like to have replies be enabled on posts in the classifieds, but it requires a little extra moderating if someone complains about price on there, etc. There might be some history behind this, I can't remember.
    -Ken
    (Maryland/Pennsylvania)

Being able to edit your own classifieds allows you to change the terms of sale, and even drop the price.
    Keith Thompson
    Treat everyone you meet with dignity and respect....but have a plan to kill them just in case

Thread Information